Twitch Desktop App (Official Beta release)

Do you use or watch on Twitch?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I don't know what this is

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try Web App [app.twitch.tv/home]
Direct Download [https://updates.twitchapp.net/windows/TwitchSetup.exe]
Read Review [Twitch Desktop App: first look - gHacks Tech News]

Twitch Desktop App
All your favorite communities, friends, and games, all in one place.

Servers
  • A virtual home for your community to chat, watch, and play with fully customizable text and voice rooms. Attach your Twitch channel to your server so your community can watch live and use Twitch Chat right within the app.
Friends and Messaging
  • Friend Sync quickly imports all your friends and games you follow. So you can spend less time herding cats, and more time, chatting, video messaging, and playing together.
Voice and Video Calls
  • Crystal-clear voice calls whether between one or two friends or an entire raid group. Start a call with anyone by sending an instant invite link to chat.
  • Or hang out face-to-face with your nearest and dearest friends, subs, and teammates with video calls. Up to five people can chat together in beautiful HD. Screen-sharing is also a breeze.
Addons and Overlays
  • Find, install, and manage addons for your favorite games directly within the app. And coming soon, cloud storage makes it super easy to carry your settings over across multiple machines.
  • You can also enable in-game overlays to manage your voice and video calls without alt-tabbing.

Log-in with either your Twitch or Curse account, so I will assume this is a rebranded Curse app for Twitch.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have seen a lot of Twitch adverts as of late, being a long time gamer I am
aware of what it is and does, but I am just not up for public servers.
Wildlands & The Division have very active Twitch communities and I was tempted, but
didn't take the bait.
Those of you that use it, what do you think of it versus a private client like
TS3 or GameVox ?
Cool Share Spawn !

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
For watching, I'm using "MyTwitch" Windows 10 app because it has superior hardware acceleration for my crappy backup laptop. And it just works faster than webpage.

Would be nice if their official app also offered screen capture, direct chat integration and webcam support. That would be sweet.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
For watching, I'm using "MyTwitch" Windows 10 app because it has superior hardware acceleration for my crappy backup laptop. And it just works faster than webpage.

Would be nice if their official app also offered screen capture, direct chat integration and webcam support. That would be sweet.

Is it good? I'm using ztwitch on my Windows Phone but it has some weird bugs.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Some interesting apps above mentioned. I have loved using Twitch. Tend to join streams that are playing Mario Kart! :D

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Is it good? I'm using ztwitch on my Windows Phone but it has some weird bugs.

I really like it. Has all the things I need and nothing more. It's fast and I really like the way how chat works in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.