Twitter bans Russian Kaspersky Labs from buying Ads

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
On Friday, the Russian security firm’s founder Eugene Kaspersky confronted Twitter’s apparent ban on advertising from the company, a decision it quietly issued in January.

"No matter how this situation develops, we won’t be doing any more advertising on Twitter this year. The whole of the planned Twitter advertising budget for 2018 will instead be donated to the @EFF. They do a lot to fight censorship online."

Kaspersky wrote An open letter to the management of Twitter.
At the end of January of this year, Twitter unexpectedly informed us about an advertising ban on our official accounts where we announce new posts on our various blogs on cybersecurity (including, for example, Securelist and Kaspersky Daily) and inform users about new cyberthreats and what to do about them. In a short letter from an unnamed Twitter employee, we were told that our company “operates using a business model that inherently conflicts with acceptable Twitter Ads business practices.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
The fact that this Kaspersky witch hunt is not only still going on, but also gaining momentum is ridiculous. There are a few good comments on the Wilders thread about this. One user makes a very good point mentioning the fact that Twitter never mentioned any of the Snowden leaks that PROVED FOR A FACT who was working with government intelligence agencies, but they will happily ban Kaspersky from advertising with ZERO proof. I think that clearly states who's controlling Twitter as if we didn't already know. I was going to install Sophos home premium on my main machine today because I genuinely like the product, but now I'm sticking with KIS, A. for a show of support and B. Because any security software that scares the US and UK intelligence agencies to the point they go on a witch hunt is security software I want protecting my machine/s

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
It would be interesting how this devolops with Kaspersky. If they dont comply with this act.
Same for the US and Chinese companies that make AV programs and collect data. If they do after 25-5 you can sue them. This act is going to give some headaches for Datamining / Pricacy violating companies.

https://www.eugdpr.org/

Last edited:

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
The thing is, i tried Kaspersky, Norton * crashing champion * and i just do not like the way they settle all the way in your computer. Like @ForgottenSeer 58943 said in an earlier post, the data that has been transmitted to KSN is unbelievable. I was watching how many and with how many intervals where send and it raised the question, what is send ? the computer was doing nothing. So why send data ? And its not the update of the definitions, they just ran.

I do not say Norton or Kaspersky is bad or evil. I am sure they do a good thing but not for me, and i do not want to start a flamewar. I respect the choise people make.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Nice little quote:

Do data processors need 'explicit' or 'unambiguous' data subject consent - and what is the difference?
The conditions for consent have been strengthened, as companies will no longer be able to utilise long illegible terms and conditions full of legalese, as the request for consent must be given in an intelligible and easily accessible form, with the purpose for data processing attached to that consent - meaning it must be unambiguous. Consent must be clear and distinguishable from other matters and provided in an intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language. It must be as easy to withdraw consent as it is to give it. Explicit consent is required only for processing sensitive personal data - in this context, nothing short of “opt in” will suffice. However, for non-sensitive data, “unambiguous” consent will suffice.

Source

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

The real worry here should be the ever encroaching corporate agenda to subvert the Constitution and rule of law. This is becoming quite dangerous as corporations are starting to dictate free speech, free and open commerce and political agendas.

A bit of history for people not aware.. The only 'publicly' disclosed COUP attempt in the USA was an attempted coup by the corporate/industrial complex who enlisted select power players in the US Military to attempt to overthrow the legitimately elected administration of the USA.

THE BUSINESS PLOT TO OVERTHROW ROOSEVELT

Business Plot - Wikipedia

With this, and other incidents of major censorship I believe we're seeing a form coup unfolding.. Major banks have stopped loaning to firms that sell guns. Youtube has censored second ammendment videos. Best Buy pulled Kaspersky. Twitter bans Kaspersky ads. The list is growing and as the list grows the public needs to realize they are seeing UNELECTED power players remove public dissension, control commerce and removing discourse via laws.

These are very dangerous times.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
The real worry here should be the ever encroaching corporate agenda to subvert the Constitution and rule of law. This is becoming quite dangerous as corporations are starting to dictate free speech, free and open commerce and political agendas.

A bit of history for people not aware.. The only 'publicly' disclosed COUP attempt in the USA was an attempted coup by the corporate/industrial complex who enlisted select power players in the US Military to attempt to overthrow the legitimately elected administration of the USA.

THE BUSINESS PLOT TO OVERTHROW ROOSEVELT

Business Plot - Wikipedia

With this, and other incidents of major censorship I believe we're seeing a form coup unfolding.. Major banks have stopped loaning to firms that sell guns. Youtube has censored second ammendment videos. Best Buy pulled Kaspersky. Twitter bans Kaspersky ads. The list is growing and as the list grows the public needs to realize they are seeing UNELECTED power players remove public dissension, control commerce and removing discourse via laws.

These are very dangerous times.
Very, very good post and absolutely spot on. The US and UK governments are becoming more and more like puppets for big corporations and it's happening across the board from tech, to genetically modified food to big pharma. Big corporations have slowly been pushing back at the governments to see how far they can go, and, I think they've realised they can pretty much go as far as they want. Question is - How do we as regular people, end users create enough awareness on this subject to stop it or at least slow it down. It's so frightening because of the 'I've got nothing to hide so they can spy on me all they want attitude' That attitude along with the convenience of app's and services like Google maps, YouTube, "Free AV's" and an endless list of others are extremely dangerous. The mouse doesn't realise it's been trapped until it can't move.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Very, very good post and absolutely spot on. The US and UK governments are becoming more and more like puppets for big corporations and it's happening across the board from tech, to genetically modified food to big pharma. Big corporations have slowly been pushing back at the governments to see how far they can go, and, I think they've realised they can pretty much go as far as they want. Question is - How do we as regular people, end users create enough awareness on this subject to stop it or at least slow it down. It's so frightening because of the 'I've got nothing to hide so they can spy on me all they want attitude' That attitude along with the convenience of app's and services like Google maps, YouTube, "Free AV's" and an endless list of others are extremely dangerous. The mouse doesn't realise it's been trapped until it can't move.

Tough questions.. At the outset most people will say - as long as we have guns, lots and lots of guns, we should be OK. Well, that's not the best answer. For one, they have technology now that when levied against you can effectively destroy your reality and place you in a type of microwaved induced psychosis. THOSE are corporate/industrial controlled as well for the most part. But they also know that once they 'turn on' those things at measurable levels of power and people become aware, then those towers will be targeted and destroyed by those people with guns. So they only view those types of technologies as an adjunct to the full agenda. Most average-joe's would be wise to research DEW's (directed energy weaponry), Radionics, and Psychotronic Warfare to understand better what is going on.

I'm of the opinion that the way we might slow all of it down is to simply not become party to it. Pay off your credit cards, reduce your debt, be more aware of who you patronize and practice a form of subtle advocacy via the good ole' wallet. At the same time, slowly ween yourself off their services, increase your privacy/anonymity, and guard your biometrics. Going forward, you can start to 'prepare' for what could come, have a plan of action. Awaken yourself, they hate awakened/aware people, they want mindless drones that obey.

Realize, all of this can attract attention to yourself, so prepare for that too eh? Have your public profile, where you talk about Kardashians or dancing with the stars, stream video games, and put Shakira on repeat. Have your 'secret' life where everything else is, the important stuff, the stuff these morons shouldn't know about.. So if you do get enhanced attention it all looks dumb and average. :ROFLMAO:

For those in the USA, always remember. You can basically say anything you want (with exceptions) as long as you never threaten yourself or others. Any action taken against you in lieu of you doing that is illegal and should be documented for future litigation and evidence, then exposed to the public as quickly as possible. I could show you a half dozen hidden camera videos of 'professionals' attempting infiltration of my home and property. What did I do with the videos? I immediately uploaded them to social media, archived them and sent them off to my contacts and ensured there was strong record of it. Guess what happened? That largely STOPPED the harassment as exposure is a demons weakness.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Tough questions.. At the outset most people will say - as long as we have guns, lots and lots of guns, we should be OK. Well, that's not the best answer. For one, they have technology now that when levied against you can effectively destroy your reality and place you in a type of microwaved induced psychosis. THOSE are corporate/industrial controlled as well for the most part. But they also know that once they 'turn on' those things at measurable levels of power and people become aware, then those towers will be targeted and destroyed by those people with guns. So they only view those types of technologies as an adjunct to the full agenda. Most average-joe's would be wise to research DEW's (directed energy weaponry), Radionics, and Psychotronic Warfare to understand better what is going on.

I'm of the opinion that the way we might slow all of it down is to simply not become party to it. Pay off your credit cards, reduce your debt, be more aware of who you patronize and practice a form of subtle advocacy via the good ole' wallet. At the same time, slowly ween yourself off their services, increase your privacy/anonymity, and guard your biometrics. Going forward, you can start to 'prepare' for what could come, have a plan of action. Awaken yourself, they hate awakened/aware people, they want mindless drones that obey.

Realize, all of this can attract attention to yourself, so prepare for that too eh? Have your public profile, where you talk about Kardashians or dancing with the stars, stream video games, and put Shakira on repeat. Have your 'secret' life where everything else is, the important stuff, the stuff these morons shouldn't know about.. So if you do get enhanced attention it all looks dumb and average. :ROFLMAO:

For those in the USA, always remember. You can basically say anything you want (with exceptions) as long as you never threaten yourself or others. Any action taken against you in lieu of you doing that is illegal and should be documented for future litigation and evidence, then exposed to the public as quickly as possible. I could show you a half dozen hidden camera videos of 'professionals' attempting infiltration of my home and property. What did I do with the videos? I immediately uploaded them to social media, archived them and sent them off to my contacts and ensured there was strong record of it. Guess what happened? That largely STOPPED the harassment as exposure is a demons weakness.
__mind...Blown__ Amazing post @ForgottenSeer 58943 Absolutely top notch, thank you.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 58943

Takashi94

Level 1
Verified
Mar 11, 2018
Meanwhile big bully Google silently targets, literally shouts cyber warfare against it's rival companies, their services, software, code, devices by exposing critical 0 day vulnerabilities, meanwhile selling it's adspace, pushing all apps blindly, to Chinese, Indian Cybercriminals, to host, serve copyright infringement, fake malicious ads, apps to Google product users. *rolls eyes*
itachi_no_facepalm11_8dd_by_tayui-d48957n.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.