Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Twitter is widely rolling out its “unmentioning” feature to all users, which allows you to remove yourself from a conversation that includes your Twitter handle. The platform first introduced the feature to a small group of users in April, but now it’s available to everyone.

You might want to use this feature yourself if you’re stuck in a toxic conversation or simply don’t want to receive notifications for a thread you’re a part of. Unmentioning untags your username, stops notifications for the thread, and also prevents anyone in the thread from tagging you again.

Sometimes you want to see yourself out.

Take control of your mentions and leave a conversation with Unmentioning, now rolling out to everyone on all devices. pic.twitter.com/Be8BlotElX
— Twitter Safety (@TwitterSafety) July 11, 2022

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
It's fantastic, because I can untag myself from the myriad scam and spam tweets that advertise fake crypto currencies, fundraising scams, etc.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
It's fantastic, because I can untag myself from the myriad scam and spam tweets that advertise fake crypto currencies, fundraising scams, etc.
The way I see it, is actually opposite. People can stir trouble up, whether it be scams or politics. And then press the unmention button, and its.. gone. Works both way, if you think about it. TIme will tell if it gets used correctly, I guess.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.