Twitter may fundamentally change how retweets and mentions work

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Twitter leadership has made it a goal of the last few years to be more transparent about its decision-making and to provide more detailed road maps for when new features and other big changes come to the platform. Just look at CEO Jack Dorsey’s rather epic multi-tweet Facebook takedown when he announced the platform’s political ad ban last week.

In that spirit, Dantley Davis, Twitter’s vice president of design and research, yesterday evening released a list of features he says he’s excited to “explore” in 2020. They include some fundamental changes to how Twitter functions, in particular how the retweet works and how freely users are able to pull others into their conversations with or without their permission.

More information

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I'm no real Twitter user, other then I stroll there from time to time and share funny or interesting things. I do though noted, for good or bad that more Twitter posts is blocked/censored and one have to click one extra time to read them. Good against pure spam and scam I guess and hopefully also this new features will help.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.