Advice Request uBlock Origin and Anti-adblockers on sites

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

numike

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2018
I am not sure if this is the correct sub-section to post this question. What is the pint of adblock and uorigin? Sites that I visit know I have a blocker installed and in order to proceed to the website I must turn off the blocker and refresh the site. Why have adblock, uorigin or similar extensions if only to disable them in order to see the website?
Thank You

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Sites that I visit know I have a blocker installed and in order to proceed to the website I must turn off the blocker and refresh the site
For most of those sites I use uBO to stop javascript... and the anti-blocker windows melt away. That doesn't always work and sometimes affects other page elements but it works enough for me... and where it doesn't, I close the tab and move on.

numike

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2018
used in medium mode?
the attached pic show advanced
how do you change it to medium mode; or change any of those items?
Thank You

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
used in medium mode?
the attached pic show advanced
how do you change it to medium mode; or change any of those items?
Thank YouView attachment 215268

Please do not change any settings in your image. The classic way to start using medium mode is to block 3rd party scripts & frames globally via the drop-down menu in your browser as shown here:

uBO_Newbie_ 2019-06-22 194756.png

Next, you begin configuring rules for websites you frequent as needed if there is breakage. Please see this thread and post further questions there: Discuss - uBlock Origin/Nano Adblocker - user tips, questions and issues thread That thread has valuable links, etc. It takes a bit of trial and error but once you get the hang of it, it's quite simple. Good luck! (y):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.