HarborFront

Level 46
Verified
Content Creator
In view of the problem mentioned in the below link uBO-Extra extension was updated on 9 Aug 2017 to prevent Instart Logic's code from bypassing uBlock Origin

Revealed: The naughty tricks used by web ads to bypass blockers

Revealed: The naughty tricks used by web ads to bypass blockers

It's a companion extension to uBlock Origin: to gain ability to foil early anti-user mechanisms working around content blockers or even a browser privacy settings.

uBO-Extra extension is useful only for Chromium-based browsers. There is no need for such an extension so far on Firefox, and thus there is no version for Firefox.

Get it here

GitHub - gorhill/uBO-Extra: A companion extension to uBlock Origin

or at Chrome web store

uBlock Origin Extra

HarborFront

Level 46
Verified
Content Creator
I tested uBlock+UblockExtra and uBlock+uBlock Protect and both combos seem to have a few weaknesses.
What are you guys using?
All extensions will have their weaknesses. You'll need 2 extensions(or more) to cover each other. This also apply to Adguard for Desktop if used alone.

Alternatively, you can use a secure DNS like Norton ConnectSafe for additional blocking

brod56

Level 15
Verified
All extensions will have their weaknesses. You'll need 2 extensions(or more) to cover each other. This also apply to Adguard for Desktop if used alone.

Alternatively, you can use a secure DNS like Norton ConnectSafe for additional blocking
I read that Ublock Extra and Protector should not be used together.

Reactions: Fritz and askalan

Marko :)

Level 14
Verified
I use uBlock Origin, uBlock Origin Extra and I don't care about cookies. I found this the best combo for blocking ads and cookie notifications.

Reactions: askalan and Fritz

Huchim

Level 4
Verified
I've to say that I'm also using ublock origin + extra and hardly see any difference but also I don't see ads or pop ups :D