Not open for further replies.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi ,

I have uBlock Origin Installed on my Chrome and it's working fine except I am now not able to login to my router's home page through local ip 192.168.0.1

Has anyone faced the same problem? Even if I am disabling it for the page 192.168.0.1, it's still not working. It's opening the login page, but after providing the details it's again redirecting me back to the login page.

Not facing the problem in incognito though since it's does not load uBlock in incognito.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not facing the problem in incognito though since it's does not load uBlock in incognito.
If you have identified that uBlock Origin is the cause, use Incognito mode to access the Routers Login and Settings. Otherwise can you list what other Browser Extensions are installed?

In other instances your Security software may prevent you from accessing these pages, such as standalone Firewall or Suites.

Reactions: Kent

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
If you have identified that uBlock Origin is the cause, use Incognito mode to access the Routers Login and Settings. Otherwise can you list what other Browser Extensions are installed?

In other instances your Security software may prevent you from accessing these pages, such as standalone Firewall or Suites.

I just reinstalled uBlock Origin and now it's working. I only have that extension apart from google's default extensions. Seems like some temporary problem might be though I was facing this from last few days.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Were you using any custom lists, or changed anything from default settings? It could have been the cause.

What are Google's default extensions? My Chrome didn't come with any extensions.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
No problem here, good to see you got it sorted. ;)

Reactions: Kent

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Were you using any custom lists, or changed anything from default settings? It could have been the cause.

What are Google's default extensions? My Chrome didn't come with any extensions.

In my chrome I have google extensions like 1. Google Docs 2. Google Docs Offline 3. Google Sheets. Are you saying you don't have these?

D

Deleted member 2913

In my chrome I have google extensions like 1. Google Docs 2. Google Docs Offline 3. Google Sheets. Are you saying you don't have these?
Initial install of Chrome adds the extensions. But if you will remove those extensions then further updates doesn't re-adds those extensions & also doesn't adds new Google extensions... Atleast this is my experience with Chrome. When I installed Chrome it had Google extensions. I removed all. After that no updates added any Google extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.