uBlock Origin with all filters checked ON - (way to many - domains, ads etc. blocked).

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
uBlock Origin with all filters checked ON - (way to many - domains, ads etc. blocked).

uBlock Origin (with all filters checked ON) - Just for day ....... to see how it will behave and whether it will consume too much memory, and would it be ok to leave it so without the other included extensions .......
....... I tried on an ordinary site that I use more often for watching movies (the site only streams movies and are not on its servers) ....... so here is the result:
uBlock Origin - (with all filters checked ON) Copy.png

....... (>5k wOOOw) .......

- What Do You All Think ???

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
This is all I have enabled. I'm not subscribed to cookie lists because I use I don't care about cookies. If I subscribe to cookie filters and disable I don't care about cookies, notifications are still visible for few seconds (depends on page). :D

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
This is all I have enabled. I'm not subscribed to cookie lists because I use I don't care about cookies. If I subscribe to cookie filters and disable I don't care about cookies, notifications are still visible for few seconds (depends on page). :D

View attachment 168085 View attachment 168086
....... it's something like this ....... but you don't have checked Disconnect Filters & Adguard's Filters = By me they are way too good Not to be checked - ( Or maybe you use Disconnect and Adguard Extensions - in that case it's very okay - they may conflict). :)

uBlock Origin (with all filters checked ON) - Just for day ....... to see how it will behave and whether it will consume too much memory, and would it be ok to leave it so without the other included extensions .......
....... I tried on an ordinary site that I use more often for watching movies (the site only streams movies and are not on its servers) ....... so here is the result:
View attachment 168084
....... (>5k wOOOw) .......

- What Do You All Think ???

The 5K> does not mean there are 5K> connection attempts.

Ask Gorhill.

Reactions: Weebarra and L S

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
....... it's something like this ....... but you don't have checked Disconnect Filters & Adguard's Filters = By me they are way too good Not to be checked - ( Or maybe you use Disconnect and Adguard Extensions - in that case it's very okay - they may conflict). :)
Oh, I have Adguard filters are enabled. English, Spyware and Annoyances filter under Custom are from Adguard. I started using these filters long time ago and I didn't notice any problems or conflicts. Since Adguard's English filter is fork of EasyList, I think that uBlock Origin uses only rules that aren't in EasyList and etc. (y)

Reactions: L S

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Oh, I have Adguard filters are enabled. English, Spyware and Annoyances filter under Custom are from Adguard. I started using these filters long time ago and I didn't notice any problems or conflicts. Since Adguard's English filter is fork of EasyList, I think that uBlock Origin uses only rules that aren't in EasyList and etc. (y)
O, Okay ....... Good To Know (y):)

Reactions: Marko :)

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I only use uBlock on my Asus Transformer 100, with

1. uBlock experimental
2. Simple ad list of disconnect
3. Simple DNS filter of Adguard

As a rule of thumb only use well maintained lists

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Did you enable the advanced user setting and open the connections pane to verify ?
Well ....... I Try it for a few days (not on the day when this with "'>5k'" happen) But after few days I checked off .......
I have to figure out more about all the stuff in uBlock Origin ....... Like = "" all about advanced settings "" ; "" filtering of behind the scene network request "" ; etc.
;) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.