Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I'm currently using Adguard but like some others here I find it a bit of a battery hog and it also tends to make things pretty sluggish. I'd like to use uBlock Origin but with Chrome, and not have to install Firefox just to use it.

Is there is any way this can be done, perhaps by downloading it from an unofficial but safe source? Am I right in thinking there was a Chrome app that used to be available from F-droid?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm currently using Adguard but like some others here I find it a bit of a battery hog and it also tends to make things pretty sluggish. I'd like to use uBlock Origin but with Chrome, and not have to install Firefox just to use it.

Is there is any way this can be done, perhaps by downloading it from an unofficial but safe source? Am I right in thinking there was a Chrome app that used to be available from F-droid?

uBlock Origin

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I use Yandex (chromium) with Avira Browser Safety (Adguard) + Noscript lite (prevents the window from opening alone) + Https. I think good, it supports several extensions

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Chrome doesn't allow extensions with Android but Firefox does. Brave for Android also blocks ads/trackers by default, but Firefox with uBlock Origin is the best choice imo.

There are Chromium updaters (dev branch) in F-Droid.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014

Hi,

The closest you will come to using Chrome with any adblocking is Brave browser, based on chromium. It looks and feels just like Chrome on Android, available for all platforms, with built-in blocking and controls. I think you would really like it. Available at Brave.com and playstore. It was developed by one of the founders of Mozzila's Firefox. Another great thing, is Brave let's you choose from a long list of Search engine's.

Aside from Brave, a global adblocker like Blokada works just like uBlock origin, but covers the whole device. It's free, and can be found at xda developer's website.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
uBlock Origin is available in the Chrome webstore here: Chrome Web Store

I have been using it with Chrome for a long time.
;)

Edit: never mind... just realized that this question was posted in a mobile forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.