New Update uBlock Protector Extension (for Chrome) and Anti-Adblock Killer Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The Anti-Adblock Killer Script has not been updated for quite a while now. Most sites can sniff it.

Fortunately, there are a few alternatives. I have been using the uBlock Protector Extension (Chrome only) for the past month and it works flawlessly. It is also updated frequently.

uBlock Protector Extension (CHROME ONLY)

1. Install uBlock Origin by Raymond Hill (Chrome Web Store Link)
  2. Enable Adblock Warning Removal List from uBlock Origin settings panel.
  3. Enable the uBlock Protector List filter. - Thank you r/adeldk for the heads-up.
  4. Apply changes.
  5. Install uBlock Protector Extension (Chrome Web Store Link)

Anti-Adblock Killer Continued (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Edge)
  1. Install Tampermonkey (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Edge)
  2. Install an Adblock (I'd recommend uBlock Origin)
  3. (uBlock Origin users) Enable Adblock Warning Removal List from uBlock Origin settings panel.
  4. Install the AAK-cont Userscript
  5. Add the custom AAK-cont filter to your Adblock -> Anti-Adblock Killer Continued

Take note
  • Do NOT install AAK-Cont if you are using uBlock Protector, it will cause undefined behavior.
  • If you were using the original Anti-Adblock Killer (by Reek), it is recommended that you delete the Userscript from Tampermonkey and delete/unsubscribe from the filter list on your Adblock.
  • The guides above were tested on uBlock Origin ONLY.

Test your configuration (Successful if you do not get a popup)

Read here

[UPDATE] Make your AdBlock invisible to most sites that require you to disable AdBlock. • r/Windows10

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Warning!!

Hold on to the installation.

After I installed the uBlock Protector Extension and disabled it ALL my extensions in Chrome (v59.0.3071.115) were gone.

EDIT :-

After reinstalling my other extensions and the uBlock Protector Extension things are back to normal again

Last edited:

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
AAK-cont Userscript works better on Firefox, with TamperMonkey or GreaseMonkey than with uBlock Origin.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
According to the link's note

Note: This extension covers uBO-Extra's functionalities.

uBlock Protector

Just make sure you do NOT have uBlock Origin Extra installed if you are using the uBlock Protector

Reactions: shmu26 and enaph

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Nice :)
I dropped anti-adblocker as it stopped to work :3
I'll test these two instead, thanks ;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Too bad the uBlock Protector Extension is not available for Firefox and Mozilla-based browsers now.

So for those using Waterfox and finds that Tampermonkey and Violentmonkey not working you can try Greasemonkey to install the AAK-Cont user script.

Follow the instructions here

Hugo Xu / AAK-Cont · GitLab

Reactions: frogboy

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I also found that sites with adblock killers enabled, just disable javascript on that site and it should go right through. More work per site but it's 100% for me.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Got any sites to test? I like to try using AAK-Cont
Not really, I've only run into abblock killer a few times but for all of them it seemed to work when I disabled java

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
From my testing the extension is not even necessary. Just check the two filters in uBlock Origin and update the lists and it's already working. What exactly is the extension adding to the equation. :confused:

Edit: Oh! Okay. It covers uBlock Extra's features too. Good. Now I don't have to have 3 uBlock extensions. Downloaded.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
According to the link's note

Note: This extension covers uBO-Extra's functionalities.

uBlock Protector

Just make sure you do NOT have uBlock Origin Extra installed if you are using the uBlock Protector
That statement has been removed from the site. Are we still good or should we install uBlock Origin Extra?

edit: I think the statement still holds even though the developer deleted it. From Wilders:

Regarding uBlock Origin Extra and uBlock Protector, both should not be used at the same time (Btw.: the latter is covering much more websites)
The extension uBlock Origin Extra is loading the file "contentscript.js" and uBlock Protector is loading "ubo-extra.js" (and some more files)
and these two files have the same content (they can be found in the directory of the extensions)​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.