Update UCheck: Software Update Checker & Installer

pxxb1

Level 4
Jan 17, 2018
It's really the same, it's just that we don't assure you that it works on 100% installers.
Unchecky is the same, they just don't tell you.

But that neither you or Unchecky can asure anyone 100% safety is a given for anyone who understands a little about this matter and that is why i wonder about your method, your alternative way. It seems cumbersome. You still have not answered my question fully as to why this method instead of a much simpler one. Hence my question: Why not all? A question that got even more valid based on your answer above. If it is the same, why not all, which it could be with the Unchecky method. Now you have limited the programs usage with this way, and therefore potential buyers/donators.

Anyway, uninstallers leave a lot of leftovers so with a really good uninstaller that monitors i think your program will be interesting for a broader public. It would also then be able to uninstall, FULLY, a "slip by" of an ad-ware, for later manual installation of the same.

Good luck!

Reactions: ZeePriest

pxxb1

Level 4
Jan 17, 2018
But that neither you or Unchecky can asure anyone 100% safety is a given for anyone who understands a little about this matter and that is why i wonder about your method, your alternative way. It seems cumbersome. You still have not answered my question fully as to why this method instead of a much simpler one. Hence my question: Why not all? A question that got even more valid based on your answer above. If it is the same, why not all, which it could be with the Unchecky method. Now you have limited the programs usage with this way, and therefore potential buyers/donators.

Anyway, uninstallers leave a lot of leftovers so with a really good uninstaller that monitors i think your program will be interesting for a broader public. It would also then be able to uninstall, FULLY, a "slip by" of an ad-ware, for later manual installation of the same.

Reactions: ZeePriest

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
I agree with you Kyle.

To bad neither program can monitor programs that has no version info in the .exe file :(
SUMo does in some cases. Check it out and let me know in the dedicated thread if you miss a popular software in your SUMo list :)