MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Update: Emsisoft has since respectfully acquired the rights to this design and have implemented it in their own way. See this link.

Main Screenshots

This work is licensed under Creative Commons [Attribution-Noncommercial CC BY-NC]

Other Screenshots

Avast 8 Beta Themed

Kaspersky 2013 Themed

Norton 2013 Themed

Thanks for viewing.​

Last edited:

Spirit

Neat and Clean Interface.....
I have one suggestion, in the first screen shot at right hand side of top there is notification You are up to date and protected and at bottom there is notification No updates available

I find no point in 2 notification about update on main UI

:)

Just a little suggestion

Thanks

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Very Nice UI.
It Should have HIPS | BB | Firewall | Anti-Virus | Anti-Spyware | Email Protection | Signature & Cloud Based(Both) | Social Media Protection | Anti-Phishing | Anti-Theft | Gamer Mode | Document Protection | File Reputation.

You must Change the name Purista to MalwareTips.
& MT Should make his own On-Demand Scanner(like MBAM...) & Should use This UI.

Akash209

first i would to tell the Look.. Awesome but not perfect.. I think if there r the Green light in fuly protected and a red light in not protected mode.. the icons of tools and others may be looks better if you used some shaddow of these icons in the lower and upper tray...
And also gave a dangerious look that when any one saw then he saw i would use this right now..!!! :)
Thanks.!

mercurial

Looks good, refreshing looks, neat and good color selection. Hats off to you :)

P.S. That resource usage is a good add on i love to know how much resources my AV solution is using :)

+1 to Clean, clutter free UI :D

+1 To the name as well, good name for a AV solution (Assuming "Purista" signifies a "Clean" PC)

MrXidus

McLovin said:
Very nice and simple. After you showing me a few things with Metro, I've kinda like it. :)

Question though, what is the idea behind the name Purista?
Completely made up randomly on the spot when I opened up Photoshop. It has no meaning other than I like the name and it allowed me to place the little triangle icon under the A which I think makes it unique. :)

House_maniac said:
great work i like the colours and its very userfriendly
Thank you House_maniac, Just what I want to hear.

Member said:
Neat and Clean Interface.....
I have one suggestion, in the first screen shot at right hand side of top there is notification You are up to date and protected and at bottom there is notification No updates available

I find no point in 2 notification about update on main UI

:)

Just a little suggestion

Thanks
Here's a GIF showing the purpose of the Update text on the bottom. You'll understand why it's there. ;)

MrExplorer said:
Very Nice UI.
It Should have HIPS | BB | Firewall | Anti-Virus | Anti-Spyware | Email Protection | Signature & Cloud Based(Both) | Social Media Protection | Anti-Phishing | Anti-Theft | Gamer Mode | Document Protection | File Reputation.

You must Change the name Purista to MalwareTips.
& MT Should make his own On-Demand Scanner(like MBAM...) & Should use This UI.
Ha that's quite a handful of features, I feel if all that was actually implemented it might make it a bloated product.

Akash209 said:
first i would to tell the Look.. Awesome but not perfect.. I think if there r the Green light in fuly protected and a red light in not protected mode.. the icons of tools and others may be looks better if you used some shaddow of these icons in the lower and upper tray...
And also gave a dangerious look that when any one saw then he saw i would use this right now..!!! :)
Thanks.!
Hello Askash,

Metro - the style I've chosen for this UI doesn't use shadows normally, But I tried it anyway. Screenshot below.

Littlebits said:
Looks very good, too bad it's not real. Maybe you could sell your concept to another AV vendor.;)

Good day.:D
Cheers Littlebits, I have no doubt that some vendors will like the clean look but in my opinion even if they're were interested they wouldn't ask me, They'd pay their 'dedicated UI design team' to make a bad rip off of it and claim it as their own design! /s :shy:

samit said:
nice and clean UI :)
Thanks.

Earth said:
+1 for Clean UI

Idea:
- The Blue line (at top OR bottom) could change colour; Red for Urgent etc
Good idea, I've tried it, you can see the screenshots below and let me know what you think.

mercurial said:
Looks good, refreshing looks, neat and good color selection. Hats off to you :)

P.S. That resource usage is a good add on i love to know how much resources my AV solution is using :)

+1 to Clean, clutter free UI :D

+1 To the name as well, good name for a AV solution (Assuming "Purista" signifies a "Clean" PC)
Thanks for your great comment, I too like the resource usage display, If someone doesn't like it,They're free to tell me what they would like to see there instead and yes Purista = A virus and malware clean PC! ;)

Tom172

Great work.

I have an idea for what happens when you click on the buttons on the main screen, for example the "Perform scan" option.

Once clicked the button will expand out to the left and right to fill the remaining space of the rest of the buttons, revealing the scanning options.

MrXidus

Tom172 said:
Great work.

I have an idea for what happens when you click on the buttons on the main screen, for example the "Perform scan" option.

Once clicked the button will expand out to the left and right to fill the remaining space of the rest of the buttons, revealing the scanning options.
Interesting enough that I had to visually animate it to see what it would look like, Is this what you had in mind?

---

I've also experimented which using color schemes from other vendors on the UI. What do you all think?

Avast 8 Beta Themed

Kaspersky 2013 Themed

Norton 2013 Themed

Tom172

MrXidus said:
Tom172 said:
Great work.

Interesting enough that I had to visually animate it to see what it would look like, Is this what you had in mind?

---

I've also experimented which using color schemes from other vendors on the UI. What do you all think?

Avast 8 Beta Themed

Kaspersky 2013 Themed

Norton 2013 Themed

Perfect, exactly what I had in mind. Those other colour schemes look great also!

mercurial

All the AV, solution theme's apart. The original UI and color scheme for purista is way to kikass :D. Just by looking at it you get a sense of "YAY! light clean AV".

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
As much as I love Metro, I do not like the fact that buttons don't seem 'click-able'. You use Windows 8, don't you? See what happens when you click (just hold, don't actually select) a tile on the Start Screen. I think that would make your UI look better as well.

Does your RAM and CPU meter change colour after it exceeds a certain mark?

I would actually like it if there's a tiny text near the "No Updates Available" that tells me how long it has been since last updated. It would let me know if I need to manually click on the "Check for Update" button or what. Do you think "Up to date" sounds better than "No Updates Available"?

Side: I want to see what the Purista Internet Security Suite looks like! :)

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
MrXidus said:
When you go to the scan screen with the scan options, I think the "Back" button would look better if it were small. A Scan header might look nice.

Also, "Purista" is written twice.

D

Deleted member 21043

We are in 2015... 2 years ago from tomorrow, you would have posted this UI concept. I still believe it is so much better than all the other ones. :)

One day you must get a award for your concepts... It's just beatiful no matter how you look at the design - same with all your artwork. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: