Privacy News UK sports retailer Sports Direct hacked

Wingman

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 6, 2017
UK’s largest sports retail outlet Sports Direct has suffered a data breach in September 2016, when an attacker gained access to its staff portal, and through it to unencrypted personal information of the company’s 30,000 employees.

But the employees were never notified of this breach. Apparently, there was no evidence that the hacker had exfiltrated the data, leaked it or shared it further, and the company opted for just notifying the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), UK’s national data protection authority.

Reactions: vemn and Wave
W

Wave

Wow that's pretty interesting. I almost got a job there a few months ago, but then I changed my mind because the shop had no air conditioning so I'd be fully heated constantly, so I didn't bother going back for the interview stages.

Reactions: vemn and Wingman

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.