Avast Pro Antivirus
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
SUPERAntiSpyware PRO
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome and Firefox. Extensions in stalled on both: AdBlockPlus, LastPass, NoCoin, Buster: Captcha Solver, I don't care about cookies
Maintenance tools
Revo Uninstaller Pro, WinRAR, CCleaner, SyncBackPro, FastStone Image Capture, PDF-XChange Editor, Splash Media Player,
File and Photo backup
SyncBackPro
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Home Edition
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
Alienware Area-51m Laptop
Intel i9-9900K
GeForce RTX 2080
64GB 2666 MHz. DDR4 RAM
2x 2TB Samsung 960 PRO [RAID 0] + 2TB Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD

yashiscool

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Good Setup :emoji_v: Some apps like SuperAntispyware are native now but overall good setup.
Just one suggestion, If you want, you can think about Disk Encryption softwares (BitLocker).

Reactions: Nevi and bribon77

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
My advice:
  • It's imperative you have Smartscreen enabled, kinda no excuses to have this off really and it's in built with Windows 10
  • Remove SUPERAntispywarePro, it had it's time, it's now outdated, replace this with ZAM Free 3.0 & MBAM Free (maybe NPE)
  • Replace your current adblocker with uBo or Nano Adblocker if you wish
  • For extensions you can remove NoCoin & i don't care about cookie (if replaced by above), you can use both these extensions as a filter list provided on filterlists.com
  • Also for extensions use Emsisoft Security Extension, has a better detection rate for web based threats compared to that of Avast, maybe have Netcraft to think about dealing with phishing sites
  • Add Tinywall or Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as a compliment the native Windows Firewall
  • Set Avast's hardened mode to aggressive
  • (optional) add in Syshardener to default settings
I really hope these pieces advice help further your config into a more protective system with the outdated software and crap you don't need

~LDogg

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
My advice:
  • It's imperative you have Smartscreen enabled, kinda no excuses to have this off really and it's in built with Windows 10
  • Remove SUPERAntispywarePro, it had it's time, it's now outdated, replace this with ZAM Free 3.0 & MBAM Free (maybe NPE)
  • Replace your current adblocker with uBo or Nano Adblocker if you wish
  • For extensions you can remove NoCoin & i don't care about cookie (if replaced by above), you can use both these extensions as a filter list provided on filterlists.com
  • Also for extensions use Emsisoft Security Extension, has a better detection rate for web based threats compared to that of Avast, maybe have Netcraft to think about dealing with phishing sites
  • Add Tinywall or Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control as a compliment the native Windows Firewall
  • Set Avast's hardened mode to aggressive
  • (optional) add in Syshardener to default settings
I really hope these pieces advice help further your config into a more protective system with the outdated software and crap you don't need

~LDogg
Great advice (y)
The “I don’t care about cookies” extension is more powerful than its list added to any adblocker according to its developer (and confirmed by me):
Be aware that the filter list is not as effective as a browser extension but it will hide most cookie warnings.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.