Ultra Virus Killer - virus removal and system repair tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

v4.2.0.0:

-General internal debugging and improvement.
-New graphical interface with high quality pictures and controls.
-Added 9 diferent color skins. Can be set up in the UVK options section.
-Improved the script parsing feature.
-Improved the section switching and window resizing functions.
-Message boxes, progress and other dialogs are now titleless and semi-transparent.
-The current background colors are also used in the html reports.
-Other graphical improvements.

Website

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
v4.3.0.0 released:

welcome_screen.jpg

-General internal debugging and improvement.
-Added a new section: UVK System Booster.
This is a very complete registry and file cleaner. It will restore the computer's performance by detecting and removing invalid registry and file system objects. This includes invalid activex/com objects, file extensions, shell extensions, OpenWith entries, shared DLLs, application paths, Windows fonts, uninstall entries, ShellMUICache, shortcuts, and junk files.
-Added support for common (non branding) license keys. The users may now access all the UVK features for a cheaper price. More info.
-Improved the graphical code.
-Renamed the Startup entries and scheduled tasks section Autorun manager. More adequate, considering all the areas it scans.
The window is now maximizeable and resizeable in the following sections:
Process manager, Memory modules manager, Autorun manager, Windows services and drivers, Alternate streams manager and System errors scan sections.
The controls are now visible when resizing the window, except for the lists. Hiding the lists while resizing prevents flicker and improves performance.
-Added protection from deleting genuine system files.
-Added a checkbox in the process manager to toggle between Show/Hide the system critical processes. Since now the genuine system protected files cannot be deleted, it is safe to display them.
-Added icons to the lists context menus.
-Added a new color skin: UVK 4.3.
-Improved the html reports code.
-Improved the path parsing functions.

Homepage

Enjoy!!:D

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
If anyone is interested to have the FREE version of UVK - he hurries, because the latest version of the site is already paying only! No more free version of UVK!
So today I recorded in my PC folder UVKSetup.exe - the UVK install - the latest FREE version 4.5.0.0 UVK - 5.29 MB .. Then hurry up - the download link of this FREE version is on Majorgeeks.com still today: http://www.majorgeeks.com/UVK_Ultra_Virus_Killer_d7653.html

- this is your last chance to have the free version ..

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Prorootect said:
If anyone is interested to have the FREE version of UVK - he hurries, because the latest version of the site is already paying only! No more free version of UVK!
So today I recorded in my PC folder UVKSetup.exe - the UVK install - the latest FREE version 4.5.0.0 UVK - 5.29 MB .. Then hurry up - the download link of this FREE version is on Majorgeeks.com still today: http://www.majorgeeks.com/UVK_Ultra_Virus_Killer_d7653.html

- this is your last chance to have the free version.:exclamation:
- yes it is me your last chance at the same time ..:D

I just installed the latest version 4.6.0.0 and it still has a "not license freeware version". It is still free for home users, I haven't tried all of its features but the free version suppose to have some limitations, so far I don't see any and I don't see the limitations on their website.

Thanks.:D

Reactions: frogboy

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Littlebits said:
Prorootect said:

- this is your last chance to have the free version.:exclamation:
- yes it is me your last chance at the same time ..:D

I just installed the latest version 4.6.0.0 and it still has a "not license freeware version". It is still free for home users, I haven't tried all of its features but the free version suppose to have some limitations, so far I don't see any and I don't see the limitations on their website.

OK., It's true, I did not make enough attention .. but on home page - the free version is not mentioned, this is why .. I see only 'Buy now' button.
Only mention of the free version - is on the GUI / if you click 'About' button .. I read here: 'Not licensed. Free version.'
Thank you .. ..

delco

Apr 24, 2013
UVK is not free. I downloaded it and it found over 1000 errors.
When I tried to remove them I was told I had to buy a $30.00 license to remove them. I am suspicious of it finding over 1000 errors in a scan that took about 5 minutes.
I refuse to pay for a program that is advertised as free.
I was able to successfully remove UVK I hope.
I can backup several files, bookmarks and favorites and reload the operating system for free.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
delco said:
When I tried to remove them I was told I had to buy a $30.00 license to remove them. I am suspicious of it finding over 1000 errors in a scan that took about 5 minutes.
I can backup several files, bookmarks and favorites and reload the operating system for free.

Please refer to the comparison chart- http://www.carifred.com/uvk/custom_label/index.php

It has free features as well as paid features.
However older version were completely free.
I would not buy it either since there are free tools still available.

If you want a free program that will repair system errors try using programs from http://tweaking.com .

wmmiller

Apr 8, 2013
delco said:

You should take another look at UVK. It’s a great program with many very powerful features. It’s getting nothing but better and Fred is super at responding to questions and ideas. I use the branded versions and that makes it even better. Fred is a problem solver and will help you out when you need it. He helped me solve a problem with another tech tool program. That was awesome since it wasn’t even his program and he could have just told me it wasn’t his program or problem. He didn’t do that because in my opinion of Fred, that’s not how he rolls. I guess my point is. Give it another look.
Bill

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
UVK - Ultra Virus Killer 10.5.0.0

v10.5.0.0 Release date: April 23 2017 Changelog:

- General debugging and code optimization.
- Added support for saving the selected custom third party app in several UVKSR files simmultaneously.
- Restored missing post-repair action: Reboot in safe mode with network.
- Added support for more command tags for UVK scripts, namely:

• <AutoLogon>: This command enables auto-logon for a user profile.
  • <DisableAutoLogon>: This command disables auto-logon, if it was previously enabled.
  • <PreventShutdown>: This command tries to prevent this PC from rebooting or shutting down until the current script is fully parsed.
  • <EnableF8BootMenu>: This command enables the old legacy F8 boot menu on Windows 8 or higher.
  • <RestoreBootMenu>: Use this command if you previously used <EnableF8BootMenu>. It will restore the normal (standard) boot menu on Windows 8 and higher.
  • <FixIEHistory>: This command epair corrupted Internet Explorer's history.
  • <CleanupRecentList>: This fix will cleanup references to recently accessed items, usually shown in the Quick Access and Jump Lists.
  • <CleanupTrayIconCache>: This fix will cleanup the tray icon cache for all users.
  • <RunMemDiagOnReboot>: This fix will schedule memdiag to perform the memory diagnostics on the next system boot.
  • <CancelMemDiag>: If you previously scheduled the memory diagnostics on reboot, this fix will cancel it.
  • <StartMenuTroubleshooter>: This fix will download and execute the Start Menu Troubleshooter.
  • <StoreAppsTroubleshooter>: This fix will download and execute the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
  • <WindowsUpdateTroubleshooter>: This fix will download and execute the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
  • <UninstallMBAM>: This command uninstalls Malwarebytes AntiMalware, if it has been previously installed in this PC. Note: If MBAM has detected and removed any threats, you reboot your machine before running this command.
  • <UninstallSAS>: This command uninstalls Super AntiSpyware, if it has been previously installed in this PC. Note: If SAS has detected and removed any threats, you reboot your machine before running this command.

Download: http://www.carifred.com/uvk/UVKSetup.exe
    http://www.carifred.com/uvk/UVKPortable.exe portable

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
UVK - Ultra Virus Killer 10.5.5.0
v10.5.5.0 Release date: May 21 2017

v.png
General debugging and code optimization. This is mainly a bug fixing release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.