Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'PC Security Configuration' started by Umbra, Feb 14, 2017.
Custom Paranoid it seems.
All except the AV (obviously) like before.
- Comodo FW, toyed enough with it, i don't feel a real need for it.
- Sandboxie, because i like ReHIPS better
- ReHIPS, definitely one of my top 3 apps.
- Binisoft WFC, good enough for my needs.
After multiple tests/trials (and errors) i can safely say for now, those are my top 3 app (no particular order).
- Emsisoft AM
at the end of the year i will give my top 10 security apps.
Looking forward to it!
What about HitmanPro? It does not have the incompatible features Alert has. And it does boot up scan for rootkits and keyloggers, then a brief scan for PUPs. It also uses VirusTotal API key for second opinion. They said it can be used along side your existing AV software and stays out of the way.
[QUOTE = "Umbra, poste: 690292, membre: 178"] Prod machine:
- Comodo FW, assez joué avec ça, je n'en ressens pas vraiment le besoin.
- Sandboxie, parce que j'aime ReHIPS mieux
- ReHIPS, certainement l'un de mes 3 meilleures applications.
- Binisoft WFC, assez bon pour mes besoins. [/ QUOTE]
bonjour Umbra quel paramètre faut-il pour emsisoft anti malware pour fonctionner avec le pare-feu comodo? Je vous remercie
Note: Please,write in English since this is a international forum.
1- add those Emsisoft executables to Comodo as trusted (all exclusions) : "a2service.exe" , "a2start.exe", "a2guard.exe"
2- add this CIS executables to EAM's Application Rules: "cmdagent.exe", "cfp.exe", "cfpupdat.exe", "cfpconfg.exe", "cavscan.exe" (Add new rules > Monitor this application....> All Allowed)
3- on EAM > Protection > Behavior Blocker:
- if not already, select "Auto resolve with Notification" (will diminish the numbers of popups).
hello and thank you Umbra but the behavior blocker does not interfere whit the comodo hips ?
I never had issues with them.
thank you Umbra in which order of installation EAM or FIREWALL COMODO ? :rouler des yeux:
EAM first, Comodo after.
I would like to see those that try to enter that computer. You seem to be covered from front to back.
I think if someone is very dedicated to breach my system and has the resources and time to do it, they may succeed, now they have to find a vector that i ignore, because i did my best to cover them all.
I never thought i would say that again
- Firefox 58b as main browser; way faster than Chrome, and since i sandboxed it with ReHIPS, i don't have any issues and got best security without being forced of reducing FF sandbox's security to have it functional (unlike with another very famous sandbox app...)
Are you using the free or paid version of ReHIPS? And how did you configure the sandbox?
According to your post #11 here
AppGuard - General Impression
What happens to ERP now? Not good enough?
ReHIPS does what ERP does, and much more as well.
ERP (v3) was inactive for quite a while, in the meantime REHIPS appeared and gave me what i waited since almost a decade since Geswall: an apps that give me a sandbox plus application control (similar to ERP).
Now i'm beta testing the new version of ERP v4, and i'm quite impressed; the combo we mentioned (AG + ERP) will definitely goes on my second system.