64-bit OS
Security Updates
Automatic Updates - All security and feature updates
User Access Control
Always Notify
Firewall
Windows Firewall - Network security provided by Microsoft
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Standard - User has some control over the settings
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
PC1: Appguard Ent. | HMPA | ReHIPS |
PC2: Appguard Solo | OSA | HMPA | Sandboxie
Test PC: Appguard Ent. | OSA | ERP |
Banking VM: ERP | OSA | Webroot SA
Custom Settings For Real-Time Protection
Custom - Major changes for Increased Security
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
1- EEK | HMP
Browsers and Extensions
- Chrome & Brave:
Netcraft | Bitwarden | Windows Defender | CanvasDefender | Privacy Possum
- Torbrowser:
NoScript | HTTPS Everywhere | Netcraft |
Web Privacy
- Adguard for Desktop |
- Mullvad VPN |
Password Management
- Bitwarden
Default Web Search
- Google
System Utilities
- Ccleaner | Wisedisk Cleaner
Data Backup
- Mega | Sync | Onedrive
Frequency of Data backups
Daily
System Backup
- Windows Backup | Macrium Reflect
Frequency of System backups
Occasionally

Vasudev

Level 26
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
It is essentially the same as the consumer version. The policy configuration is created on a server and then pushed to the clients. Here is an image of the freshly installed agent.

No fancy graphics. Just security. Essentially the same Desktop experience as the consumer version.

View attachment 200118
Ok thanks. Looks like a console w/ constant OTA updates to protect against stealth and non-stealth malwares, correct? So can it function w/o internet?

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Verified
Ok thanks. Looks like a console w/ constant OTA updates to protect against stealth and non-stealth malwares, correct? So can it function w/o internet?
The updates are comparatively very few. It is SRP and does not need updates very often. It is the responsibility of the end user to correctly and properly configure the policy. Configuring the product is not difficult.

The agent itself does not need the internet, but obviously pushing policies and version updates does need it.

The agent does not need updates if it is configured properly the first time.

Vasudev

Level 26
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
The updates are comparatively very few. It is SRP and does not need updates very often. It is the responsibility of the end user to correctly and properly configure the policy. Configuring the product is not difficult.

The agent itself does not need the internet, but obviously pushing policies and version updates does need it.

The agent does not need updates if it is configured properly the first time.
Umbra and similar people are best ones to get pre-configured profiles to give new Appguard users peace of mind.
I hope I didn't break any NDA.

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Verified
Umbra and similar people are best ones to get pre-configured profiles to give new Appguard users peace of mind.
I hope I didn't break any NDA.
It is SRP at both the consumer and enterprise levels. SRP is SRP.

Best policies are based upon Microsoft best practices. This is not some big corporate secret. It has been available all over the place for decades.

It has all been published multiple times, over-and-over, on both MT and Wilders. The problem is that people cannot control their paranoia, they make policies that get themselves into trouble, so I stopped putting it on the forums. I had it all taken down. I can't protect people from themselves and quite frankly, I don't want to be bothered with it.

Last edited:

Spawn

Administrator
MalwareTips Team
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
You can't help people that don't want to be helped... you did good and tried your best but if people don't want to listen and take it seriously then that is on them.
Agreed.

Those paranoid Windows users are the worse, or those who believe they're being tracked and hacked. LOL

Operating System
Windows 7
Antivirus
ESET
Nowadays I use a traditional signature AV(in my case ESET IS) just because of those pesky usb malwares(autorun worms and sality). Relying only on an AV means it's just a matter of time before you get infected since malware is developing so rapidly these days. For my first layer of Defense, I have Appguard and NVT ERP(both in Lockdown Mode).

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Nowadays I use a traditional signature AV(in my case ESET IS) just because of those pesky usb malwares(autorun worms and sality). Relying only on an AV means it's just a matter of time before you get infected since malware is developing so rapidly these days.
I use EAM because it's footprint is lighter than WD and I can add my custom Hosts file for unwanted sites.

For my first layer of Defense, I have Appguard and NVT ERP(both in Lockdown Mode).
My rules on Appguard are very tight so I don't have a real need of ERP, I use OSA instead.

crezz

Level 5
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Antivirus
Norton
Umbra- what are your views on ADguard for deskop ? Is it recommended, or much better than other ad blocking software ?

Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
i will put my observations about EAM here:

Day 1: Access time and boot are better than Windows Defender; as expected RAM usage is high but not excessive.
Day 2: Implemented the MVPS host list, since it is not copied in the original one but managed by EAM there is no visible browsing slowdown.