Umbra

Level 85
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Now that's a better CPU (IMO anyway). I see that you will upgrade the ram, will you go pro on windows 10 or just stick with home?
Not decided yet, i will go Pro if i can get a legit cheap one; not those ones on Ebay issued from volume license...

yes the CPU is way better, 8th gen are totally different, this one is 60% more effective than an i5 7200

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
Not decided yet, i will go Pro if i can get a legit cheap one; not those ones on Ebay issued from volume license...

yes the CPU is way better 8th gen are totally different this one is 60% more effective than an i5 7200
Yeah stay away from ebay and HRK. I'm sure that there is an option where you can upgrade from inside window store. I would have posted a screenshot of the option but i'm rumming pro here so I can't :(

Slyguy

Level 32
OS
Other OS
Nice Purchase, but an SSD is a must have for me now. Hard drives are like tape cassettes and records to me now. My next machine after xmas will definitely be having a PCIe SSD in it. still a very nice machine you've bought and it's upgradable so it's a winner (y):love:
Heck NVME/m.2 drives are a must for me now. I've moved on from SSD. I'll take that 3,000MB/s+ transfer speed anyday! I don't even own mechanical HD's any longer.

Vasudev

Level 23
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft

yes the CPU is way better, 8th gen are totally different, this one is 60% more effective than an i5 7200
Maybe i will add an SSD 128Gb and 16GB RAM, should be good enough.
Look at this site for cheap win 10 pro license Steam CD Keys and Game Keys - Compare & Buy | Kinguin.net
One word of advice is to keep 128GB SSDs out of the equation since the speed decrease to HDD speeds when its nearly full and the performance is worse than 256GB. So, see if you can get Crucial MX300 or Samsung 850/960 EVO M.2 SATA or PCIe that fits your budget during christmas discount sales.
Better to add some 2-3 layer of thermal pads on M.2 SSD preferably 0.5mm or 1mm from arctic for lower temps.

Slyguy

Level 32
OS
Other OS
Look at this site for cheap win 10 pro license Steam CD Keys and Game Keys - Compare & Buy | Kinguin.net
One word of advice is to keep 128GB SSDs out of the equation since the speed decrease to HDD speeds when its nearly full and the performance is worse than 256GB. So, see if you can get Crucial MX300 or Samsung 850/960 EVO M.2 SATA or PCIe that fits your budget during christmas discount sales.
Better to add some 2-3 layer of thermal pads on M.2 SSD preferably 0.5mm or 1mm from arctic for lower temps.
Bro, Kinguin is great.. I own a half dozen Win10 Pro from them for $30-$38 each.. Saves $$, the keys are legit, I've been running on them for 2 years now. I even called M$ to ensure they were good and they validated them.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I stay away from Kinguin, I have a feeling that they are grey market too. Also stay away from G2A.