System Specs Umbra's Lenovo Yoga 520i

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you like it? (explain)

• Yes

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Slyguy

Level 28
Jan 27, 2017
Operating System
Other OS
I stay away from Kinguin, I have a feeling that they are grey market too. Also stay away from G2A.
Nothing wrong with grey market as long as they are selling legitimate items. I've used Kinguin for 2 years as I said, and contacted M$ to verify their keeps were real - they are. I've used CDKeys.com for at least 3 years to purchase game keys, probably $1000.00 worth. Never a problem. I picked up a $950.00 FortiAP 421E for $311 on the grey market, it's deployed, running great, and under full warranty. Who cares if I didn't purchase it from a Fortinet Reseller?

Maybe it's me, but if I can pay less on legitimate things, I will do it. Just because I have a castle and a money tree doesn't mean I don't want to save some coin here and there. It's smart! (y)

Vasudev

Level 22
Nov 8, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
I stay away from Kinguin, I have a feeling that they are grey market too. Also stay away from G2A.
You can also look at Amazon too.
Last week I purchased 3dmark full suite with VRMark Preview from Steam for ₹105 which is approx. $1.63. I have advanced edition, sometimes its better to save some cash to buy genuine products.

Mar 24, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
ESET
You can also look at Amazon too.
Last week I purchased 3dmark full suite with VRMark Preview from Steam for ₹105 which is approx. $1.63. I have advanced edition, sometimes its better to save some cash to buy genuine products.
Have you contacted support and asked if it officalseller or not?

Mar 24, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
ESET
I got it from Steam. Its activated w/o any issue.
Oh sorry, I misread your post. I thought that you brought it from Amazon. Yeah I buy some software from Steam knowing that I can get a CD key that I can use elsewhere :)

LASER_oneXM

Level 22
Content Creator
Feb 4, 2016
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Installed Antivirus
Kaspersky
....the internal HDD is quite big (1TB). IMO you should remove the HDD drive from your yoga: dropping the laptop to the ground while it is operating could cause a so called "head crash".

source: Head crash - Wikipedia
A head crash is a hard-disk failure that occurs when a read–write head of a hard disk drive comes in contact with its rotating platter, resulting in permanent and usually irreparable damage to the magnetic media on the platter surface. It is most commonly caused by a sudden severe motion of the disk, for example the jolt caused by dropping a laptop to the ground while it is operating or physically shocking a computer.

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
....the internal HDD is quite big (1TB). IMO you should remove the HDD drive from your yoga: dropping the laptop to the ground while it is operating could cause a so called "head crash".

im careful with it, no way it would drop on the floor.

Nov 8, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft

im careful with it, no way it would drop on the floor.
Rest assured, all newer Lenovo's come with HDD free fall sensor from Kionixx or STM to prevent head crashes whilst the HDD is dropped from a certain height.
Its included in Lenovo companion UWP app.

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
All thanks to PCIe SSD, boots anything within 6 secs.
Hey umbra try throttlestop to reduce the heat further by 5-10C by undervolting. I suppose you have i5 7200U or i5 8250U?
i5 8250U.

It has large vents, so it is ok even after a full day turned on.

CMLew

Level 22
Oct 30, 2015
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
i5 8250U.

Looks cool. Though mine is Intel M, slow as poke but still does its decent job for normal productivity task even at 4GB RAM.
Practically heatless.

Nov 8, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
i5 8250U.

Hmm TS is a hit or miss on 8th gen quad core ULV. In the next version 8.6 the support will be better because of feedback.