Windows 10 Mobile Umbra's Microsoft Lumia 950XL / Huawei Honor 6X Pro (2017) / Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows_Security

Level 15
Content Creator
Verified
Mar 13, 2016
Operating System
Windows 7
I am still on my Lumia 640 (it still lasts twice as long as Android and Apple device of my wife). I use it for work also. During our Canada trip we used the Windows Mobile phone for navigation (all day) and in the evening I spend roughly same time on my phone as my wife did on her Android phone. Windows phobe lasts at lleast 2 days with normal usage, after one day of intensive usage (navigation) it still has 20% battery left. Two years ago in Namibië we has same experience with wife's Apple phone. Battery life was the best selling point of Windows phones.

Nov 8, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
I am still on my Lumia 640 (it still lasts twice as long as Android and Apple device of my wife). I use it for work also. During our Canada trip we used the Windows Mobile phone for navigation (all day) and in the evening I spend roughly same time on my phone as my wife did on her Android phone. Windows phobe lasts at lleast 2 days with normal usage, after one day of intensive usage (navigation) it still has 20% battery left. Two years ago in Namibië we has same experience with wife's Apple phone. Battery life was the best selling point of Windows phones.
WM is best for better battery life, I own a L730 and it lasts me 2-3 days and a day for navigation. iOS usage time is less than WM, since on iOS while using the battery drains rapidly. On standby, iOS takes 12 hrs to decrease from 100-99% afterwards usage time is very bad on iPHONE.

Windows_Security

Level 15
Content Creator
Verified
Mar 13, 2016
Operating System
Windows 7
@Vasudev My WM battery life experience is simular. I also like the granularity of feature control (like background execution, access to camera, contacts etc).

@Umbra My wife always buys Sony Xperia, in december she will replace her Xperia M aqua, so Sony Xperia XA1 is the obvious candidate. Please post experiences (including batterly life).

Nov 8, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
@Vasudev My WM battery life experience is simular. I also like the granularity of feature control (like background execution, access to camera, contacts etc).

@Umbra My wife always buys Sony Xperia, in december she will replace her Xperia M aqua, so Sony Xperia XA1 is the obvious candidate. Please post experiences (including batterly life).
Yes I will really miss WM after they stop updates.

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
XA1 ultra is awesome (if you don't mind the lack of fingerprint scanner and body "crap" sensors), battery is 2700 only, seems weak but Sony is awesome to optimize the OS so it uses less battery than Samsung or other brand and last as long.

will keep you informed, just got it 2 days ago lol.

Windows_Security

Level 15
Content Creator
Verified
Mar 13, 2016
Operating System
Windows 7
XA1 ultra is awesome (if you don't mind the lack of fingerprint scanner and body "crap" sensors), battery is 2700 only, seems weak but Sony is awesome to optimize the OS so it uses less battery than Samsung or other brand and last as long.

will keep you informed, just got it 2 days ago lol.
Ok, THX

I have found some reviews of the XA1 on battery power, seems okay for a day (heavy use after obe day 20% left which gave it a good core).

Rengar

Level 16
Jan 6, 2017
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Installed Antivirus
ESET
@Umbra Battery tips: Dont let the battery drop below 40%. Also charge it until its 80%. This way the battery will last a lot longer. It is better not to fully charge, because high voltages stresses the battery. Once per month you can calibrate the battery by going from 0% to 100% on one charge. Last tip: Dont use the phone when you charging it :geek:

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
@Umbra Battery tips: Dont let the battery drop below 40%. Also charge it until its 80%. This way the battery will last a lot longer. It is better not to fully charge, because high voltages stresses the battery. Once per month you can calibrate the battery by going from 0% to 100% on one charge. Last tip: Dont use the phone when you charging it :geek:
Thanks, i know , i read a lot about it :)

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Microsoft
@Umbra do you have plan to upgrade to the XA2 Ultra which comes with a Fingerprint scanner and SD630?