Troubleshoot Unable to create Recovery Disk on Windows 10 x64 Pro

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2016
I had a Windows 10 x64 home Pc on which I could create a Recovery Disk.
I had upgraded to win x64 Pro recently and since then I ger the error that some files are missing and I cannot create a Recovery Disk.
Any help would be appreciated.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Howdy Mohan Rajan!

I had also difficult in the past made windows own backup tools a recovery/filehistory/image backup. But if you could give the error code then internet is full of same error messages and much questions but less answers. My error code was => http://i.imgur.com/kiQlz29.png
Win 10 64bit Pro BackUp Error 0x80070578

No answers in the net, nor i dont have a patience to look. So i solved problem with good third party tools. :)

Reactions: Mohan Rajan
Upvote 0

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2016
Howdy Mohan Rajan!

I had also difficult in the past made windows own backup tools a recovery/filehistory/image backup. But if you could give the error code then internet is full of same error messages and much questions but less answers. My error code was => http://i.imgur.com/kiQlz29.png
Windows 10 64bit Pro BackUp Error 0x80070578

No answers in the net, nor i dont have a patience to look. So i solved problem with good third party tools. :)
Thanks for your prompt response.
I too have third party tools like macrium and aomei backupper pro

Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
It might be a hastle but if you're experiencing these problems you can do a fresh install of Windows 10 without removing your files. :)

Hope this helps. I am not quite sure and another member could correct me but if I create a recovery disk is it only useable for my computer or if I had the same OS (I have Pro as well) the iso/dvd can be used to fix another persons computer errors for the OS.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.