Troubleshoot Unable to make "action needed" go away

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
So here's the deal,

I am sure that when I was on CU I was able to have the firewall in ESET Security turned off and Windows firewall turned on without any issues. Right now I can do the same thing but I am getting the below message but I don't remember seeing that in CU. Does anyone knows how I would get windows to pick up that I am using Window's firewall?

upload_2017-11-4_20-49-48.png

If not, is it possible to make ESET follow Window's firewall rules instead of it own?

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Have you tried "sfc /scannow"?

@XhenEd I have seen this work wonders for some systems.

I'd also recommend reading this: How to use DISM command-line utility to repair a Windows 10 image

If for some reason sfc /scannow does not do the trick (meaning you have executed this command oh let's say three times) I would go for DISM.

First, I would run this to check: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Second, if anything is amiss I would run this: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

For another great measure (if your Windows is on the "C" drive) I'd run a check disk /f. What to run: chkdsk /f c:

**Notice*** I am using /f NOT /r. If you use /r it may take hours or days to repair stuff. /f usually should take between 10-20 minutes depending on how large your hard drive is or the "C" drive is. The smaller the faster this will run the larger the longer this may take. My 2TB hard drive takes about 10-15 minutes while a 500 GB hard drive may take 5-10 minutes, but it depends on what may be going on with the HDD as well. SSDs, on the other hand, may not benefit much if anything from a check disk. However, a /f does help with filesystem errors and this will help out if there are filesystem errors.

From there you would have to input "y" if you agree to restart your computer now to run the check disk or "n" if you want to restart later. I'd personally do "y" right then and there if possible.

If you want to get all fancy you could then type in: shutdown /r /t 0. What this command does is restart your computer with a time frame of 0 seconds. Or a quick restart right then and there without having to navigate over to the restart.

Keep us in the loop on how everything goes. I do agree with what XhenEd suggested - try out the sfc /scanow option and see how that goes first. From there move on to DISM with the /Scanhealth option and on to /RestoreHealth option if there are problems found. A good ol' check disk never hurts either. Just remember to do a /f and all will be good.

Upvote 0

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
If not, is it possible to make ESET follow Window's firewall rules instead of it own?
There are some predefined rules(made by Eset)that you need to disable them manually if you want to use win firewall! I don't know why are you using win firewall when Eset already has a robust firewall?!
It will not work any way you need to install the antivirus version.

Attachments

• eee.PNG
    eee.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 432
  • eee1.PNG
    eee1.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: XhenEd and Venustus
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.