Troubleshoot Unable to play any videos in IE 11 or Edge in MS Win 10

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The video opens, but it acts like it pauses and resumes every second.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Uninstall and reinstall of IE, Disabling Flash player and re enabling. Reinstalling graphics driver.
With the above problems mentioned, it also asks for running flash player again and again even after allowing the option to run in all the web sites. So what would be the problem with this ? Can some one help me with this?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
  1. Are you running a stable or Insider build of Windows 10?
  2. Have you made any changes to your security software?
  3. Have you installed new software that could affect Internet-facing applications?
  4. What sites are affected?
  5. Does it affect other browsers, Firefox or Chrome?

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
  1. Are you running a stable or Insider build of Windows 10?
  2. Have you made any changes to your security software?
  3. Have you installed new software that could affect Internet-facing applications?
  4. What sites are affected?
  5. Does it affect other browsers, Firefox or Chrome?
  1. Its a stable build.
  2. No I have been running ESET from past 1 month.
  3. I am not sure, but I uninstalled Winrar and added 7Zip. I had added CGWIN for yesterday, later removed it.
  4. Almost all sited. It popups for activating flash[even though its activated]. And videos wont run smoothly.
  5. No, I use Opera and Chrome, they are in good state.
Some time I cant play music or video with Windows apps[Groove Music]. Where as it runs fine in PotPlayer.

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

If you have Google Tracker enabled along with EasyList and EasyPrivacy, then it will block access to Google and other hosted videos\music.

However, sounds like a different problem...

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
If you have Google Tracker enabled along with EasyList and EasyPrivacy, then it will block access to Google and other hosted videos\music.

However, sounds like a different problem...
Right I have no extension in my IE except IDM and Flash. But the issue persists to stay.

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Right I have no extension in my IE except IDM and Flash. But the issue persists to stay.

Could be registry corruption or broken file problem.

Did you try to sfc /scannow ?

I assume you already tried the uninstall\re-install routine...

Did you, however, try to uninstall\re-install IE ... via Turn Windows Features On\Off ?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well, at least you've eliminated IE itself as the source of aggravation.
Added it back! but the issue still persists. I done the sfc/scannow command and its states "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I tried the above mentioned steps, unfortunately it was not helpful. I guess I don't require having EMET or Antiexploit, because ESET have its own exploit blocker which is sufficient I guess (correct me if I am wrong). So any other solutions for this problem?
Thank you.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.