Troubleshoot Unable to play any videos in IE 11 or Edge in MS Win 10

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The video opens, but it acts like it pauses and resumes every second.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Uninstall and reinstall of IE, Disabling Flash player and re enabling. Reinstalling graphics driver.
With the above problems mentioned, it also asks for running flash player again and again even after allowing the option to run in all the web sites. So what would be the problem with this ? Can some one help me with this?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Have you try to rest all the settings to default for IE/Edge?
Yes I have give this also a try. But it didnt help me.

Some say its graphics problem, but how could that only affect IE/Edge ? I even tried rolling back the driver and checked it, post I reinstalled the latest driver but it didnt fix too.:confused:

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Have you try to tick software rendering instead of GPU?

9E8qi7B.png

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Try running this in command prompt with admin and report back the results:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I tried and found no issues within this.
View attachment 74760
Was this just the upgrade to windows 10 or did you do a clean install? If just the upgrade, you could consider doing a reset to achieve what would be close as one can get to a clean install. Personally, i downloaded and burned the Windows 10 media tool and did a completely clean install, including deleting partitions and creating new ones.

With the upgrade i found, the sfc scan and DISM would say they found nothing wrong even though i was having similar issues with a couple features, of which were corrected with a clean install.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Its clean installation. I reset my windows after the upgrade from Windows 8.1 over one month back around 26th of August.;)
Try a clean install using the media creation tool. I had issues just doing the upgrade, and even the rest, but after clean install those issues were no longer.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
After several methods of troubleshooting to fix this particular issue and because of being unsuccessful in it, I have clean installed Windows 10 once again and running it. I guess that issue was unique to me and couldn't find any fix for it. But the final fix should be the Clean Install of the OS.
* * * * * *​

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.