Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
This issue was from few months ago. I cannot access Opera.com, or use Opera Mini, or using Turbo Mode (same as Opera Mini's trick) and all of this has something to do with Opera servers. I tried accessing it using two different ISPs but no luck. But when I tried using proxy (TOR) it worked.

Can someone help me?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I used Opera Mobile today, was working fine on my (old) phone, based in the UK.

Are you using a mobile network (3G, LTE etc.) or WiFi?

What device are you running it on?

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
I used Opera Mobile today, was working fine on my (old) phone, based in the UK.

Are you using a mobile network (3G, LTE etc.) or WiFi?

What device are you running it on?

Tried it on Wi-Fi using my Android phone, my laptop, etc., no response.

On 3G, using my Android phone, Samsung Champ using two different carriers. Same thing.

Tried using proxy on Wifi and it worked.

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Is it just me, or has Opera become a great browser?!

On a more serious note:

Opera has a "turbo" function built in that forces your browser to utilize their proxy servers (your IP address is no longer the same). It is for when your wireless is slow, and it will kick in when you set it to auto.

I thought my email was hacked because I saw IP's from Washington state. lol

Try turning Opera Turbo off in your browsers.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I know that this will help me, but what about devices who run Java apps? They only have opera mini, which has turbo mode by default and can't be switched off. And what about accessing their website? I actually used that proxy just to access their website for help on how to configure Opera mini on Samsung Champ. :D But then when I remembered that it has Turbo mode by default and that I can't reach it I gave up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.