Solved Unable to remove Coinhive PUA.Cryptominer.Gen

rogue2020

Thread author
Jan 10, 2019
Hi there,

I need some help in identifying and removing Coinhive PUA/Cryptominer. Gen. I've tried the following malware/antivirus tools but unable to identify which is the culprit source file responsible for it. the software tools which I've used so far are:
1. Avira AVG (Can only move to Quarantine, Full scan doesn't indicate anything)
2. Malwarebyte Premium (Can block connection to Coinhive, but full scan doesn't indicate anything).
3. Spyhunter (nothing)
4. Hitman Pro (nothing)
5. Adwcleaner (nothing)
6. Zemana AntiMalware (nothing)

I've also tried to uinstall, restart and reinstall both my broswers, Firefox and Chrome, but problem still there.

What else can I do? Please advise, it's driving me nuts. I'm running Windows 7 Pro on a laptop.

Thanks & Regards,
lky

Reactions: upnorth

rogue2020

Thread author
Jan 10, 2019
here is my FRST and Additions text files.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    55.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 1

rogue2020

Thread author
Jan 10, 2019
Hi there,

After much tinkering, I think I finally know why I have the problem. My Mikrotik router got compromised by a JS cryptominer bug. Had to factory reset the whole Mikrotik router and patch the firmware, but I think problem has been resolved.

Thank you for dropping by... :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.