Undersea cable cut to slow down internet for India, Pakistan, Egypt and other countri

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
I am an INDIAN.

Users in many countries are experiencing extremely slow internet connection since past few days, thanks to an major undersea sub-continental cable cut. The most affected countries include India, Pakistan and Egypt where internet connectivity to content hosted in Europe and US is almost unaccessible due to slow speeds.

Egyptian navy has arrested three divers sabotaging the SEA-ME-WE 4 undersea cable - one of the major data traffic route connecting Asia and Europe with 14 countries, running from France to Malaysia and linking Italy, north Africa, the middle east and the south Asia.

The damage to this major data pipe with reportedly two others have cause severe internet speed degradation for users in India, especially for customers of BSNL, MTNL, Bharti Airtel and Tata Communications and are supposed to be disrupted for the next 20-30 days.

READMORE

gone

Level 1
Jul 10, 2012
RE: Undersea cable cut to slow down internet for India

I find no difference in speeds,Airtel 3g works as regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.