Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
355938-mobile-banking-malware-recorded-future.jpg

SecurityWatch is no stranger to mobile malware, botnet attacks, and banking Trojans, but most people only have a hazy understanding of how those three look combined. What are some of the biggest mobile banking threats affecting users today?

With thousands of unique malware samples being created every day, it's easy to forget that many of them are variants of existing malware out in the wild. Researchers group them into malware families to track how they evolve. Poking at mobile malware families felt like falling down the proverbial rabbit hole. Where are we going next? We asked Web intelligence companyRecorded Future to help us out.

Recorded Future offers a Web intelligence platform that analyzes information gathered from a wide variety of sources to link related information and find patterns. Malware infections tend to be repetitive as they spread across thousands and millions of computers, making them easier to predict and track, Chris Ahlberg, the founder of Record Future, told Security Watch.

Full Article

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Malware is moving more towards mobile devices which makes them more of a security risk for online banking, shopping and bill payments.

Thanks. :D
Well, it looks like me & my lap top are going to allow those mobile devices longer & more frequent vacations from work, and I'll also be exercising my legs in & out of the bank a lot more too!;):p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.