Unsigned developer version of (COMODO) Chromium Secure 36.1 now available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
"Hi All,

As promised, here is a link to our new browser. An unsigned developer version of Chromium Secure 36.1 can be downloaded from:

http://download.comodo.com/chromiumsecure/beta/chromiumsecuresetup.exe

This version isn't intended for mass distribution, just a preview for you guys.

Chromium Secure and Comodo Dragon both share the same amazing DNA built for speed, security and privacy with Comodo Dragon brand being aimed at our beloved loyal users and Chromium Secure aimed at a wider audience for those who like the Chrome/Chromium experience but seamlessly want the Dragon DNA.

Enjoy,

Shane."
Source : http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...or-download-t106876.0.html;msg0;boardseen#new
Introduction : http://help.comodo.com/topic-249-1-593-6704-Comodo-Chromium-Secure-Browser---Introduction.html
What do you think about that ??
Comodo Dragon is dead ??

Y

yigido

No. They will continue to develop their 3 browsers. I knew this. They will hire new developers for Comodo IceDragon.
Present, They will release a new Comodo Dragon release soon, and they develop Chromium Secure too.

Reactions: Kent

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
"Currently there are a couple of technical differences with Dragon having a feature list which is a superset of the features in Chromium Secure. Shortly this will disappear as we add the last couple of features to Chromium Secure (such as force SSL connections for sites visited) and we’ll be releasing a new version of Dragon too also based on this later Chromium codebase."
Source : http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...or-download-t106876.0.html;msg0;boardseen#new

The icon and the name are different :D
The icon :
254098fbeaef66d9e87185d15020643b.png

Reactions: yigido

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's the difference between "Comodo Chromium Secure Browser" and Chromium?

Also any changelog, or Comodo forum post or webpage?

Y

yigido

What's the difference between "Comodo Chromium Secure Browser" and Chromium?

Also any changelog, or Comodo forum post or webpage?
For Comodo we want to currently keep the Comodo Dragon branding we add to our browser to reflect Comodo’s colours (just like this forum) and a lot of our user love it with things like Dragon logos as forums avatars and even desktop wallpapers. At the same time we’ve had a lot of demand from users and our partner distribution channels for a browser with the same look and feel as Chromium but with the same added value of Comodo’s DNA of security. This is where Chromium Secure comes in.
from Comodo forum post of an employee

Reactions: Ink

altanz

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Can I use both dragon and chromium secure at the same time? do they share any files or profile info?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Has this reached final yet ?
Also any news on Comodo Dragon.
Seems to be taking an age to update!

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi there the only thing I noticed unless I missed it was that Chromium Secure did not offer or use Comodo DNS which is clearly offered in there other browsers.

Y

yigido

Hi there the only thing I noticed unless I missed it was that Chromium Secure did not offer or use Comodo DNS which is clearly offered in there other browsers.
Secure DNS will be avalible into next version of Comodo Chromium Secure.
and portable version, too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NZRADAR and Kent

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
#Shane said "We are very close to new CD maybe 1 week, we are doing last checks"
Past 1 month after these words :mad::D

Hmm yeah i also saw that post, also noticed 'Shane' has not been so active lately.
The Comodo conspiracy continues :confused:

Reactions: yigido

Cavehomme

Level 1
Verified
Apr 16, 2014
I despair with Comodo and their browsers. This is the most prevalent attack vector for malware and yet the updates / fixes to their browsers is appalling, especially considering it's a security company.

Downloaded Chromium Secure today, showing as Version 36.1.1.3, which means that it has not really advanced in the past few months since these comments were made above, certainly no option for Comodo DNS, only the standard "Enable phishing and malware protection". So how can this browser be equal or more secure to Dragon? CD is at Version 36.1.1.21 which leads me to believe CS is behind CD in updates?

The advertising on their download site highlights CS as being "New Release!".....yeh, sure it is....not.

I won't even mention IceDragon how far behind that is.

I used to respect Comodo, but this kind of neglect of a vital security product is sheer negligence. They'd be better off pulling the products or labelling them as beta not to be used in production, rather than fool people into believe these products are constantly updated in line with upstream security and other fixes.

Can someone from Comodo please give the community a detailed and accurate update about what is happening and when, rather than more marketing bull?

Reactions: scrasnups and Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.