• Low Ram Usage

• Light on System

• Good Detection Rate against 500 Files
CONS
• Slow Scanning and Removal

• Not the Hottest Web Blocker

• Not Great on Zero Day Protection
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, UnThreat Free Antivirus has not done the greatest job. Web Blocking was not all that great. When executing left over malware files, a few programs got installed without my permission including another antivirus. I do hope they improve the disadvantages in the future. For right now, I will not recommend this antivirus to users who are looking for a free antivirus.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Rising AV is a good AV, one of my favourite Chinese AVs :) Don't use it for AV testing please...

haha I would have not used it if it did not appear in the malware pack. I did not know rising antivirus was in the malware pack until I started executing left over malware files. That one malware file that installed a few programs with out my permission is malicious to me because it did not tell me that it was going to install a bunch of programs including rising av.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
haha I would have not used it if it did not appear in the malware pack. I did not know rising antivirus was in the malware pack until I started executing left over malware files. That one malware file that installed a few programs with out my permission is malicious to me because it did not tell me that it was going to install a bunch of programs including rising av.
I don't think it was my pack.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
I don't think it was my pack.

It was from virussign. I downloaded there pack, I scanned it with UnThreat and it detected 438 files out of 500. So I executed 6 files from the 62 files that were left behind and one of the 6 files I executed installed like 3 programs which ended up being rising AV, PDF, etc. It was explained perfectly in my written review.

Reactions: Malware1

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Can you please make a review of avast free (PUP + Hardened Mode)?
I saw your page but you have only Avast internet security reviewed

Thank you

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Do you use samples from Virussign ?
It was from virussign. I downloaded there pack, I scanned it with UnThreat and it detected 438 files out of 500. So I executed 6 files from the 62 files that were left behind and one of the 6 files I executed installed like 3 programs which ended up being rising AV, PDF, etc. It was explained perfectly in my written review.

Reactions: MalwareT

CNJJ

Level 1
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello Untreah Antivirus Free, solamnete you can use it for three months, and after this time all the complete options are activated are to say from here they offer it to you for 30 days. And in the case that you want desintalarlo and to return to install the FREE version, already they do not offer him gratis but for 30 days. I do not recommend this program it is a deception when tedicen that is TOTALLY FREE, this way me informaròn to my from the support. IT IS A DECEPTION. Up to soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.