New Update UPDATE: kaspersky protection (extension) is now -almost- working with new Edge

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Hello!

I noticed that Kaspersky is partially working with the new Edge now. The extension is still "grey" but its functionalities are now working with Edge, even you didn't install the extension. I noticed that kaspersky started to:

--> block banners even if you didn't installed the extension (you can check it by visiting some sites and checking the full log report of the anti-banner activities. You'll see that if blocked contents in the pages you visited.)
--> show safe and unsafe results in google web search

#########
--> maybe private browsing is working too, but i wasn't able to check it.

edit: if you are receiving advices to disable your adblock while browsing with Edge, even after disabling Adblocks, you should check kaspersky as it should be the responsible.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I already posted in a different thread of this forum some weeks ago, the upcoming K2021 is fully compatible with new Edge, and the lasts betas and now the current RC work fine with it:

1583391303059.png1583391325828.png
Probably the full support to K2019 and K2020 will come later via a patch...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.