Update now to Windows 10 april update ( Sping creators ) before release 30-4

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
You can update now to the release version of Windows 10 April Update before 30-4 now !

1) download the Media Creation tool:
https://download.microsof...0B1/MediaCreationTool.exe

2) download this CAB file: https://drive.google.com/...5Q3HaYPaF682SKuWwSHe/view

3) Save the .cab and the Media creation tool in the same folder.

4) Run the Media Creation with the commandline using: MediaCreationTool.exe /selfhost

5) upgrade now, of build ISO (up to you). And you are running 17134.
smile.gif

** this is Not a pre-release but the final build that comes 30-4-2018 **

Courtesy of Building Redstone 4 RTM (17134.1) installation media using Media Creation Tool – Inside Windows ( using the release .cab above )

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Agreed.

I don't have the balls to use the early releases for good reason. I'd rather test new updates as and when they are officially rolled out for people not trying to get earlier updates and stay on stable builds in the meantime.
since microsoft fired all their Q&A early in win10 release, these and insider preview are basically beta and alpha testing

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have tried it for several hours, I found it too buggy even after 2 clean installs
1/ After running all my tweaks, Task scheduler broke and couldn't be fixed anymore. I tried but failed -> reinstalled -> tweaked -> broke (maybe my mistakes, the tweaks were not compatible with this version yet)
2/ It was much warmer than my Windows 10 v1511. Fan speed was almost always high. Just reverted back to v1511 and I couldn't hear my fan anymore (laptop). All drivers were updated from the OEM's website
3/ It was quite fast and smooth

the first 2 points made me abandon it

D

Deleted member 65228

I think what Opcode meant was that these Win10 RTM are so full of bugs that they behave like a beta build.
I am basically saying that RTM or not, it is still an early release... People can call it whatever they want but the name change won't change the fact that it is still an early release and hasn't been thoroughly tested. Early releases aren't reliable nor can they be trusted, which is why they are early releases... in my opinion.

If people want to mess around by compromising their security and stability on their main environment then they can go ahead and do it, I'm not judging anyone or disrespecting anyone's different view. It's just my personal opinion - people can do whatever they want to do.

What a surprise! @Evjl's Rain tested it out and found it too buggy. That's an example of why I don't install early releases on my main environment. :p

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What a surprise! @Evjl's Rain tested it out and found it too buggy. That's an example of why I don't install early releases on my main environment. :p
perhaps, it was my mistakes to install it too early and many softwares haven't been compatible with it yet, silently, not obivious, such as comodo firewall, OOshutup and WPD

I suspect WPD broke everything :unsure:
I know OOshutup and WPD haven't released the compatible version yet

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I have tried it for several hours, I found it too buggy even after 2 clean installs
1/ After running all my tweaks, Task scheduler broke and couldn't be fixed anymore. I tried but failed -> reinstalled -> tweaked -> broke (maybe my mistakes, the tweaks were not compatible with this version yet)
2/ It was much warmer than my Windows 10 v1511. Fan speed was almost always high. Just reverted back to v1511 and I couldn't hear my fan anymore (laptop). All drivers were updated from the OEM's website
3/ It was quite fast and smooth

the first 2 points made me abandon it
Also installed on a HP Probook here, no loud fan and not getting warmer. Norton works as should all my apps work. No complain here.

D

Deleted member 65228

perhaps, it was my mistakes to install it too early
I don't think it was just your mistake.

The way I see it, both parties are responsible when an early release causes problems... The user for installing the early update, and Microsoft for not doing more thorough internal testing before releasing the update. With the resources Microsoft have, they should be able to perform more testing on test environments setup to be quite realistic (e.g. different security solutions, web-browsers and additional software installed and monitoring how the changes in the new build could affect existent reputable software).

At the end of the day (and entirely my own opinion), the only people Microsoft care about is themselves, and the more third-party software Microsoft break due to releasing updates being tested by consumers, the better it is for them... because it allows them to eliminate competition and push more people towards their own alternative solutions (e.g. Windows Defender, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office, Windows 10 Store applications, and so on).

COMODO Firewall is a really sensitive security package, and it is usually hanging by a single thread even when you're using a stable build from what I've heard. Therefore, for you to use an early release, it is probably going to be a lot more troublesome than it is for other people. This is personal estimation though. Whether it usually is or is not troublesome for you with your configuration, I do not know.

Although, you are an advanced user and you know what you're doing, and you're old enough to make your own decisions. You understand the risks when you install an early build of Windows and you're more than capable of handling issues popping up in the process... such as reverting back with a well-made backup.

You acknowledged that in your own opinion, maybe it was not just Microsoft's fault, but also your own, for running into problems. Honesty is the best policy and there's a lot of people out there who would have just thrown the mud towards Microsoft's direction. I really respect you for that.

[ Opinionated 100% ]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.