Troubleshoot Updating my WiFi network adapter in Windows 10.

hutra

Thread author
Aug 15, 2015
I've Windows 10 Pro (RTM 10240.16430) and I can't update my wifi adapter (TL-WN8200ND) with the last driver because the installer says me that the actual drive is the best installed. How I can force the installation of the new one?
The installed is Realtek 1027.4.1120.2014 and I wish to install the TP-LINK USB Adapter Realtek Wireless Driver 1030.0.515.2015 that I downloaded from download.windowsupdate.com: (20753288_ffc547d708da14eef0ff4ec6c4639dfd050f89df.cab).
Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 2913

Just a guess here...

If you downloaded the driver from windows updates website...then check settings - system - apps & features - here on the top you will see manage optional features...click manage optional features - click add (internet connections is required) - here it will show optional updates available for your system...click any & you will see install tab. Check if your driver is available there.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.