Upgrade to Win 10 CU with Comodo FW: good !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
just to share my positive experience with upgrading to win10 CU with CFW (last version) ON.
And, for your information, I let 360TS ON too.
I know: risky ! :rolleyes:
But all went smooth. :)

What I did:
- clone my system partition in case of...
- upgrade CFW to the last version
- put the CFW in safe mode (in prevision of the first boot)
- exit CFW but keep Qihoo
- launched the upgrade via windows update
- go to bed !

This morning, everything was fine !
Except one minor thing:

After the last automatic reboot during the night, I'v notice some entries in the containment log about:
C:\AMD\WU-CCC2\ccc2_install\Support64\CCC2App64.exe and many msi in C:\AMD\WU-CCC2
They are "Run Virtually" "Unrecognized"

After searching on the net, it seems to be windows update which is trying to update my GPU drivers.

I will have a look how to deal with that, but it's not a big issue. I will update through the AMD app.

And now, I have an alert in the security center about disabled firewall. I will see if it remains.

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Yes, and I was short on the SSD: 9 Gb left. :(
This morning: 1,5 GB left ! :eek:
After cleaning: 11 Gb left. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, and I was short on the SSD: 9 Gb left. :(
This morning: 1,5 GB left ! :eek:
After cleaning: 11 Gb left. :)
After an upgrade, Windows.old installation is kept for 30 days in case you wish to revert to the previous version.

Reactions: lab34

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Yes, but I couldn't run during 30 days with only 1.5Gb left.
It was my plan to clean just after the upgrade after reading a post of @frogboy

I've cloned my system before, in case of the result of the clean would have not been so efficient. But it was.

Reactions: shmu26 and frogboy

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I have one ??? about Comodo desktop shortcut.
I delete it everyday but it keeps comming back?
Does anybody have the "same problem"?

lab34

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Yes I have this issue too. Not a big problem, but I'm glad that they are fixing it !

Reactions: BugCode

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
@UserA Good to know, i got version ....6209 and btw i updated it with assistant and i doesn't care about warnings, thats my ferocious personality :p Yes i knew it must be update that version or above so all should be go smooth. What @Umbra says somewhere in forum, i don't remember, but i ignored his "wice" words about updating, all sec solution unistalled so on :p . So i updated it BDplus, CFW, Zal on and everything went smooooth! Only tiny issue is that what @Av Gurus says, so not much!

Reactions: lab34
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.