UPS for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would recommend APC or CyberPower. APC have the best service for UPS according to my records. Recently I have purchased one from APC, its, APC BACK-UPS Pro 1000. Which is insanely good. But I think its no need to go for a higher end if you plan of installing an Inverter in future. Always check for power requirement for your PC, 600va would be sufficient and you would a backup of about 5-20 min based on the load and battery installed. My UPS load is about 130 watt and average backup is about 70-110 min.

JMatthews

Jun 4, 2016
Go with the APC. Really good backup time. The beeps are soft, the installation is pretty smooth. I also like the design a lot, personally. Should give you everything you need... can't really imagine needing much more. There may be slightly better APC models (a few good suggestions here) I'm just actually more familiar with the one you posted.

Naqeeb

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
I am using Apollo UPS. it made by taiwan based company it working perfect for me since 2 year. i am running two laptop and 1 Pc with 2 betteries of 100GR capacity.

Almost 4 hours backup

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the UPS you buy needs to fit the type of PSU on your computer. The higher-end PSUs, the ones with pure sine wave, need a UPS that produces the same, or it won't work right.
Conversely, you are wasting money to buy an expensive UPS with pure sine wave, if your PSU doesn't use it.
check specs before you buy.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.