Troubleshoot URGENT Document ruined after trojan removal

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Documents on a pen drive were lost thanks to a trojan (from some other pc). My bitdefender scanned and cleaned the whole pen drive. Now all the important docs were gone.
Used Recuva and got back ruined docs. Pic shown.
How do I fix this?

Attachments

• iu.png
    iu.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 423

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Just a guess but If the files are encrypted they are no longer there. If you knew the extension of the files before Bitdefender removed everything you can search and see if the specific ransomware has a tool to decrypt(low chance).
Lets start from what bitdefender detected. The exact name of the malware and maybe we can have a more educated guess.

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Just a guess but If the files are encrypted they are no longer there. If you knew the extension of the files before Bitdefender removed everything you can search and see if the specific ransomware has a tool to decrypt(low chance).
Lets start from what bitdefender detected. The exact name of the malware and maybe we can have a more educated guess.
Yep, may be no getting those back, sorry.
If it encrypted those, it was a little more than a Trojan too I suspect. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Yep, may be no getting those back, sorry.
If it encrypted those, it was a little more than a Trojan too I suspect. ;)
Trojan.rajbot.gen.1

Upvote 0

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
The pendrive got the virus (not ransomware) from the other PC. When I plugged it in, it showed up as empty. Bit had detected/deleted the trojan along with the docs immediately.
Then, I ran recuva, which threw up these encrypted docs. How do you convert them to english? Thats the main problem.

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.