US government removes Kaspersky from approved vendors list

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras74

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Kaspersky Lab's ongoing fears that it would lose US government contracts due to its alleged links with the Russian government have been realised. The Trump administration has removed the Moscow-based cyber security company from two lists of approved vendors covering IT services and digital photographic equipment.

According to a spokeswoman for the US General Services Administration, the decision was made "after review and careful consideration". However, the move represents the most concrete action taken against Kaspersky since US government officials became suspicious of its involvement with Russian authorities.

Kaspersky Lab has repeatedly stated that it "has never helped, nor will help, any government in the world with its cyberespionage efforts," with founder Eugene Kaspersky claiming he is willing to provide source code to demonstrate his company's innocence. The American government, however, has proven unreceptive to Kaspersky's assertions, with reports suggesting the Trump administration is considering implementing a broader ban that would block all agencies from using Kaspersky software.

In a statement, Kaspersky Lab said it had not yet received updates from any US government agency abut its vendor status, but added that it believed it has been "caught in the middle of a geopolitical fight where each side is attempting to use the company as a pawn in their political game."

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Guess what, the issue is already deepens between the two nation, stating the possible warfare in the category of technology.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Absolute crap. it's political spin, end-of. The cold war ended in 1991, yet due to Obama it's been rekindled. Why we cannot work together with Russia I will never understand. Personally I believe it's because Russia won't bow down to America.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Absolute crap. it's political spin, end-of. The cold war ended in 1991, yet due to Obama it's been rekindled. Why we cannot work together with Russia I will never understand. Personally I believe it's because Russia won't bow down to America.

That's the point! All troubles are because of the politics....

Reactions: bribon77
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.