USB-IF: USB4 Products Coming in Late 2020

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
The USB Promoter Group is hard at work developing the USB4 specification. We met with them at Computex this year, and the good news is that the spec is in its 0.7 version and things are proceeding quickly. The group believes that retail products featuring USB4 will be available by the end of 2020.

Being based on Thunderbolt 3 technology and offering up to 40 Gbps bandwidth, USB4 promises to be more than that. In fact, so much more that the USB Promoter Group is considering a new logotype and branding scheme. The current one is already complex enough, so expect some kind of simplification on that front. Meanwhile, USB4 will be backwards compatible with existing USB Type-C devices.
... ...

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
@roger_m I got a taste of USB 3 with my Pixel 3 for the first time. I could not believe the speeds I was seeing. I was moving files at 400+ MB/s between my devices. And that was with that tiny tiny USB-C port. It really gives SATA a run for its money although SATA comes with far lower latency.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.