AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Anyone tried TeraCopy? This program is great because it integrates with Windows. Any time I want to copy a file or files to another location, when I select paste, I get a pop up like this:

Tera.png

So then I can choose Explorer or TeraCopy for the transfer.

Why is this great? For me, it means I can use it with Secure Folders to move files to backup drives that I have protected with SF. I just make an exclusion for TeraCopy and then I don't have to expose the secure environment by leaving Explorer.exe open to make the copy/overwrite/delete. Then I just add the backup program to the SF exclusions to write backups and a couple of security programs and Eraser, and now I can do anything with those drives I would like. Don't have to turn off SF protection to the drive(s).

TeraCopy is pretty fast. Don't know if it's the fastest out there. Reviews say not, but the integration makes it work for me with Secure Folders. Recommend Secure Folders, but I haven't been able to find a download site for the program. I saw a link in a thread a good while ago, but I don't recall the thread. Should be possible to track it down, and it's the best way to protect backups that I have seen so far.

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Worked for me @ozone. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.