New Update History Cleaner and Clear Cache for Firefox in one click

Imranmt

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 14, 2016
While we browse the internet every day, there's one thing many of us tend to forget: to clear the browsing history and the cache regularly.
Clearing the cache and the browsing history can be beneficial for a number of reasons. The most important ones are that it frees up disk space and improves suggestions that Firefox displays when you type in the browser's address bar
History Cleaner by Rayquaza01 is an extension for Firefox that can automate the task of deleting the browser history.
Source: Use these extensions to delete your Firefox browsing history automatically and to clear the cache with a single button - gHacks Tech News

Last edited by a moderator:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm using both (History Cleaner and Cookies Auto Delete) in my FF. In addition I use StoragErazor which auto cleans the

Cache upon restart
Local Storage and IndexedDB of super cookies upon restart

Here are some settings in the browsers to clear history/cookies/etags/flash cookies/localstorage without using extensions. But do these settings TRULY clean.......maybe not. And that's why extensions are needed.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I'm not sure if this is necessary though, as you can change a setting within firefox to do this and you won't need an extension. Just change the setting to not remember history, which basically puts firefox private mode all the time. This will then delete all of this automatically when you close the browser.

Just my 2 cents:)(y)

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Sure. Have you "Forget" button in your Firefox? (I use it frequently).
In FF Tools/Options/Privacy, I've notched "Clear history when browser closes", so no problem.

Yup that's the one.

You can change a setting for it not to remember history, which will put you in to privacy mode all the time, so when you close the browser it won't remember anything.

Hence why I dont think you need an extension for something that's already built into the browser.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.