Use your TV as a computer monitor: Everything you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

aztony

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
A couple of months ago, I took a good, hard look at my dual-screen setup and thought-–Hmm. Maybe I should get another monitor. A bigger monitor. Then, after an hour or two of researching 27-inch monitors online, I walked into my living room and was struck with a brilliant idea: Maybe, instead of purchasing an entirely new monitor, I should just move my 32-inch HDTV into my office and call it a day.

Bigger is better, you know, and this way I wouldn’t have to drop a couple hundred bucks on a new piece of equipment. But just because HDTVs look a heck of a lot like computer monitors doesn’t necessarily mean they can replace computer monitors. Or does it? Here’s what you need to know if you’re thinking about sticking an HDTV on your desk.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2924...or-everything-you-need-to-know.html#tk.nl_pwr

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's not really surprising, as long you have HDMI then no problems in video and sound capabilities. Can be in gaming or presentation which you are cool already. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.