Solved Used FRST.exe from my brother's flashdrive, now I can't connect to the internet

PrivatePorkers

Thread author
Apr 23, 2017
I found a flashdrive, and it contained FRST.exe and some other text files. I ran the program and clicked "Fix," and now it won't connect to the internet. According to my brother, he used the flashdrive when his computer couldn't connect to the internet on account of a virus, so he came here for help. I know that I'm an idiot for doing it, but I don't know where else to turn. I have also included the logs from my brother's scans.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    86.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition Brother.txt
    66 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST Brother.txt
    81.7 KB · Views: 0

PrivatePorkers

Thread author
Apr 23, 2017
I actually clicked "scan" first, which apparently has overwritten my brother's logs, so both my logs and what I thought were my brother's should actually be the same. Sorry for the confusion.

PrivatePorkers

Thread author
Apr 23, 2017
I thought that those were my brother's old logs (the ones that have "brother" following them), but they were actually just copies of my own logs. He had used the program before, and I didn't know if having them would have been useful. I guess just disregard the ones that have "brother" in them. I apologize for the confusion that I created.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please uninstall:
CleanBrowser (HKLM-x32\...\CleanBrowser) (Version: - ) <==== ATTENTION
Itibiti RTC (x32 Version: 0.0.1 - Itibiti Inc) Hidden <==== ATTENTION it is hidden now but will be revealed after FRST fix

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Do you have internet now?

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: PrivatePorkers

PrivatePorkers

Thread author
Apr 23, 2017
Yes, it worked! Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! My fixlog.txt is attached below.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.