SloppyMcFloppy Security setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
As you see above, my security setup is okay because i know what i'm doing when i surf on the internet because i'm not stupid that click on everything you see on the webpage. Therefore, Emsisoft + Malwarebytes anti exploit is what i use since last 2 year. Talking about Emsisoft, this software and its community forum is great! Staffs response to false positive really fast as i expect because they care about customer satisfaction rather than money. By the way, i'm a hardcore gamer and been built tons of gaming PC in the past and now.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Really good config!

I really try to give some tips but yours is way too spotless to even give any :)

Thanks for your concern, but i think my setup with my common sense is what i need for everyday use really. It not i'm going to visit 100 malicious site and download over 200 malicious software everyday you know? In addition, i can use virustotal.com to double check the result.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Thanks for the suggestions, but i'm fine with adblock plus since it does do its job to block ads and pop up displaying from Youtube and other sites. For boot time, it does take another 4 seconds for Emsisoft and Malwarebytes to prepare its shields and protections ready when i'm on the desktop which is not bad consider i have SSD for my OS. However, i don't feels any slow down with these two running together but i still recommend run only one to avoid performance slow down or conflict. Also, i will look into that backup software you suggest when i have free time, and i might ask Emsisoft staffs when they are going to add exploit protection onto their products.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
@user102 I have a 7200 rpm HDD and with my config (main machine - same config but KPURE3 instead of Avira + Comodo) it takes 30.4 secs (measured by BootRacer) to full boot (no hibernations n have Win7, no Win8.1 boot benefits) with all these programs at startup
slBIh9q.jpg

uBlock is much lighter on H/W than ABP is. And ABP has absolutely NO ADVANTAGE over uBlock. So common sense says... :rolleyes:
And you MUST be having an HDD for movies n songs n game setups... use UltraDefrag for that. If you see any benefits from my advice (CCleaner) then CCEnhance it and follow all I have said here. Nothing more. Nothing less.
And only if you can, change from Chrome to Light or Cyberfox (best FF clones). you will be amazed at the lightness and rendering efficiency of it.

I will look into that, and man all that startup items explain why. If you could disable all of the except Kaspersky, your boot time will be about 15 seconds as the most. Also, i just look at my boot time, and it says 15 seconds from my PC turn on to the desktop screen and that include Emsisoft and Malwarebytes start its shields and protections as well. By the way, i do have 3TB HDD for gaming.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
@user102 tray programs 1,2,5,6,8,12,Kaspersky and WinPatrol load.
1 is Process Piglet. Reports frograms whose mem usage pigs out and offers to restart them.
2 is Flicks. This is touch PC and touch gestures are required when working on screen by hand.
5 is NetWorx. Monitors upload/download speed and data by hour, day, month, year and all-time.
6 is XDM. Required on startup so Browser Integration can work properly.
8 is Tweaking.com Windows Repair. Uses 2 MB of mem, and repairs problems/icon fixes if ever required.
9 is Ninja Pendisk. It is the AutoRun operations handler of my security setup.
11 is Process Tamer. I control (force priorities/force kill) processes with it. Great unique program.
Kaspersky.. oh you know.
WinPatrol Free monitors startups, services, scheduled tasks, file type changes, home page changes and cookies every minute (time set manually).

Hope that tells you the importance of each program. None is uselessly there. See my signature and you will know I'm a crazy man :cool:

By the way, what is bootracer? Is it safe to use? Does it create startup items or no?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
BootRacer only measures total boot time. You can set it up for only one boot, or every boot.
Before this I thought only Soluto can do that. But Soluto is online SW. And BootRacer works offline.
But Soluto can do one great thing: it measures boot time for each process selectively
For backups i would like to suggest Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both have a good free version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD give Aomei One Key a try, it will even help create a new partition for you. :)
Other then your soon to come Backup, your config looks good!

Thanks everyone, i will try them out later on when i have time to do so.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Update: Remove EIS, added Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential

Reason: EIS causing me way more trouble than good, the software is alright except no exploit protection nor keylogger protection. But not until this week Emsisoft acting up blocking my Windows Update for no specific reason, and then its software updating fail as well. However, my browsers and other on demand scanning tools able to update and working fine. I probably will go back to Emsisoft once they fix this, but as right now i will use Qihoo 360.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Question: Does Malwarebytes Anti Exploit compatible with Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.