Users Finally Excited About Windows 10 As Windows 7 Loses Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Just for everyone's knowledge I don't believe W10 spys just hearing so much from people.
Most of what some people call spying is there to provide info to features, like Cortana, Maps, OneDrive and so on, so disabling them blindly is not a good idea.
Disabling the features and according collectors that aren't used is not so bad, since it shaves off some process time, memory and network usage, but how much impact it provides really depends on the computers resources, it won't do much on a powerful rig.
Just to make a point, Microsoft is not going over all data by eyes, everything collected is used server side to enhance the user experience on new features, with exception of bug reports and crashes, but even there they have their developers look at a larger pool of the same errors, to look at a few errors of one kind would be a waste of time/money.
Besides that if it concerns one to much either block it or use something that feels more comfortable.

Last edited:
A

AnoOtaku

New statistics provided by Net Applications for the month of March 2016 show that Windows 10 adoption is on the rise and the new operating system has managed to achieve another personal best.

But while Windows 10’s growth is clearly good news for Microsoft, there’s another reason for the tech heads in Redmond to celebrate: Windows 7 also keeps losing users, which shows that the new version is slowly becoming successful.

Yes slowly. Now if they only focus on removing a lot of their hidden telemetry updates and settings, the world would be a happier and safer place.

I personally prefer 'shutup10' -> O&O ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10
Safer and two fail safe protocols incase something goes wrong.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

In term of security : Win10 own Win7 by far and that is the most important point for me; for the rest (usability, etc...) i don't care , i can customize Win10 to my needs or adapt myself to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
May i ask what is hat? Excuse my ignorance. :confused:

Reactions: done
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.