The below examples are only my personal opinion (on Windows 10).
Such a free setup will depend on several factors, for example:
- User's skills in managing Windows OS.
- The requirement for adjusting the security.
- User's needs in installing new applications.
- Frequency of user's risky actions.
- Possible system/software vulnerabilities.
- Level of user's security paranoia.
There are many possibilities of adding other security applications like SysHardener, OSArmor, VoodooShield, Hard_Configurator (SH, OSA, VS, H_C) to WD with ConfigureDefender High Protection Level (WD+CD_HPL).
Here are some examples based on WD, CD, SH, VS, and H_C.
Generally, OSArmor can replace H_C (Allow EXE settings) and VS can replace H_C in the below examples (although VS is another kind of security than H_C).
H_C is more compatible & friendly to Windows OS, but requires more learning as compared to OSA and VS. H_C settings are based on SRP and VS is based on Anti-EXE.
The H_C Forced SmartScreen feature will produce fewer false positives as compared to VS, but VS is more user-friendly as compared to H_C.
The simplest setup based only on WD+CD_HPL:
1. Above average, 2. Standard, 3. Standard, 4. Low, 5. Low, 6. Standard.
More advanced will be WD+CD_HPL + SysHardener (tweaked PowerShell settings):
1. Above average, 2. Standard, 3. Standard, 4. Standard, 5. Standard, 6. Standard.
Slightly stronger will be WD+CD_HPL + H_C (Allow EXE settings, FirewallHardening).
1. Above average, 2. Above average, 3. Standard, 4. Standard, 5. Standard, 6. Above average.
Advanced setup based WD+CD_HPL + VoodooShield (Auto-pilot mode).
1. Above average, 2. Above average, 3. Low, 4. Standard, 5. Above average, 6. High.
Advanced setup based on WD + H_C (Recommended Settings, ConfigureDefender High Protection Level and FirewallHardening).
1.Semi-advanced, 2. Above average, 3. Low, 4. Above average, 5. Above average, 6. High.
Advanced setup based on WD + WD+CD_HPL + VS (Locked)
1.Advanced, 2. High, 3. Very low, 4. High, 5. Above average, 6. High.
Advanced setup based on WD + H_C (Advanced Settings, ConfigureDefender MAX Protection Level and FirewallHardening).
1. Advanced, 2. Very high, 3. Low (very low), 4. High, 5. Above average, 6. High (very high).