Advice Request Using the filters for spam emails

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Specifically in Gmail. It does a good job of detecting them and sends them to my spam but i don't even want them in my spam folder. :mad:

I have tried using the filters with certain key words that are included in the emails but they still get through. Can anyone help me to obliterate them completely. Is it because they come from a different sender each time ? I assumed that it would block them all from any sender that sent me one containing the keywords i entered because they are usually for the same crap like Rayban/Oakley etc.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The best option would be whitelisting, like bluebottle had. Only allowed senders. Receive emails to one gmail and then forward it another one with whitelisting only. Time to time, check the first one for any legitimate emails being blocked. It might take a while, but once you get it, it is perfect.

The other option would be to forward it through several emails with good filters. Like gmail -> live -> gmx -> yandex -> zohoo -> gmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.