Valve bans over 60,000 Steam accounts to smash its previous record

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Over 60,000 Steam accounts were banned by Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) on Tuesday, July 17, marking the largest VAC wave in the platform’s history. But it was on Wednesday morning that the banhammer really started swinging,, with 28,411 accounts being banned throughout the day.
It looks like the wave of bans has now started to slow down. But don’t think you’re in the clear yet as we’re not entirely sure what caused Valve to crack down on cheaters like this. It’s likely that the system identified a previously unknown cheat and banned all accounts associated with it.
The VAC system watches over a number of games, including Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, the Call of Duty series, and Ark: Survival Evolved, so there’s a chance you might have run into one of these cheaters at some point in time.
Valve bans over 60,000 Steam accounts to smash its previous record

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Cheaters deserved to be banned. VAC is like Windows Defender that uses signature to detect cheats.
The problem is, that there false positives sometimes. Not to mention, that you can be banned to using software like Process Hacker or for mods.

Like I want to try out Plutonium Project for COD MW3, but I am a bit worried about VAC, I might try it out on my old account though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.