Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Verizon Fios is experiencing an Internet outage making it impossible to access many websites after a fiber connection was cut in Brooklyn.

Starting at approximately 11:00 AM EST, Verizon Fios users found they were no longer able to access popular services, such as Google, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Azure, and even Verizon's own website and My verizon app to check for known outages. [...]
Update 1/26/21 12:28PM: A fiber cut in Brooklyn is causing the outage with no estimated time of repair. Verizon suggests using the My Fios for outage updates, but the outage is causing the app not to work.
There is a fiber cut in Brooklyn. We have no ETR, as of yet. You can use the MY Fios app for updates. *EAG
— Verizon Support (@VerizonSupport) January 26, 2021
BleepingComputer has reached out to Verizon with questions about the outage and has not heard back yet. This is a developing story.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.