BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Viber-for-Windows-8-Officially-Launched-Free-Download-410358-2.jpg

Viber has just announced the official launch of a dedicated client for Windows 8 users, thus allowing adopters of the modern operating system to chat with friends from the Modern UI.

Viber, which is already available on a number of platforms that include Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows, and Mac, comes with Windows 8 integration to show lock screen notifications and display details via the live tiles.

Users are allowed to make free calls with HD sound quality, search for contacts using the search charm, share content, and send stickers and emoticons just like on any other mobile platform.

The application is available in multiple languages and offers support for both desktops and tablets, which means that you can install it on Surface devices as well.

The developing team says that it “worked closely with Microsoft to provide the best possible Viber experience on Windows 8,” so no bugs or any other issues should be discovered while using the app.

“Viber for Windows 8 and the latest versions of the Viber application for smartphones have been designed to allow you to use Viber on multiple devices, so you can always use the app that’s right for you, whether at home, in school, at the office, or on the go,” the parent company said.

“On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list, automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.”

Viber also integrates toast notifications support to be alerted of new messages or calls, as well as Start screen support to pin the app or conversations for quicker access.

Overall, there’s no doubt that this is quite an important addition to the Windows 8 app portfolio, so go ahead and download Viber for Windows 8 right now to see what it brings on Microsoft’s new platform.

Source

D

Deleted member 178

having it on my phone, the sound quality was bad, i still prefer Skype.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Dunno o_O
My friend has Lumia 925, no sound problems...

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
its stuck in purple background screen in my laptop....anyone having same problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.