i need james.. for translating it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
LOL...Here is some info since the video isn't in english.

Saudi Arabia now ranks 17th in the world for countries from which spam attacks are launched and accounts for 2% of the world's spam.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is playing host to two computer worms that are spreading infections, launching massive spam attacks and disabling security software.

Symantec's 16th Internet Security Threat Report shows that the worms, Sality.AE and Mabezat.B, have spread in Saudi Arabia at a faster rate than any other country in Europe, Middle East and Africa.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I am not suprised with this. My Dad works there and when he goes to work all he see is this happening everyday. Like here in Australia if you get caught for having illegal software you get fined, but in Saudi Arabia, they don't care and most of the computers in companys don't even have any virus protection on them. So I think that they should wake up and fine out that viruses are there and do something about it. I think half the time it is their silly fault. They treat all the women like dog poo and plus I bet no one except from James knew that Saudi Arabia is the only country that women can't drive and vote.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
The Kingdom can be a very mystical and majestic place, but it also seems like it is stuck in medieval times. I have met several women from that region over the years. They are so intelligent. It is a shame that so many are held back.

Muhammed Bin Laden did infrastructure. Salem Bin Laden did communications and infrastructure. Now, they need another Bin Laden type to stand up and take charge of computer related lapses.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
The Kingdom can be a very mystical and majestic place, but it also seems like it is stuck in medieval times. I have met several women from that region over the years. They are so intelligent. It is a shame that so many are held back.

Muhammed Bin Laden did infrastructure. Salem Bin Laden did communications and infrastructure. Now, they need another Bin Laden type to stand up and take charge of computer related lapses.

I doubt that would happen in my life time. Living over there half my life, proves to me how rude they are, (except James :D). Plus the worms have been spread so fast because they don't care. Even the school I went to there (a British School) the computers only had Windows firewall enabled.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
win7holic thanks for the info, by the way I cannot translate that in Arabic as I'm not good in speaking arabic. :lolz:

Yes sality and mabezat, even in our school computer are infected it spreads in USB when inserted that's why I need to be careful. AV on those computer there are out of date, Suites are available in store but quite expensive though.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
win7holic thanks for the info, by the way I cannot translate that in Arabic as I'm not good in speaking arabic. :lolz:

Yes sality and mabezat, even in our school computer are infected it spreads in USB when inserted that's why I need to be careful. AV on those computer there are out of date, Suites are available in store but quite expensive though.

so, at there not care with computer protection?
and,, just use windows defender..?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From last year when I saw, the OS itself was having transformation pack and they have an AV but old and out of date like Avast 4, Avira 9 and AVG 7 or 6 but as I remember they just told us to make a scan in our USB and teacher are aware from viruses.

But basically those AV are out of date but it can detect mabezat and sality however viruses are back and forth they cannot kill when its really infected. So I think this year computer there must be refresh from reformat.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
i thought..
now important is, get exHD for backup data for every week
and, if lazy to update database.. then, don't use AV's
just reformat it when it come weird on system :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If there is an important files there but basically only our schoolworks and other sections. Then even Task Manager was disabled from viruses and files are manipulated like tazebama.

Wonder if all Computers are linux environment then there is no problem.

When the PC was refresh from reformat, USB of other student may have viruses and transfer thus yet it was infected again.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If Linux was used it would lower the issue, but not completely resolve the problem. Since even Linux needs to be updated, especially cross-platform third-party software.

I also wonder if/how costly it would be set-up Linux across a network, as well as properly getting it configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.